So I wrecked my car today

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
i know how you feel man i did the same thing to the mach almost 2 months ago ex mine didnt end up near as bad as yours did. hope you get it back soon. this is the best time to do some cosmetic stuff if you had any planned thats now i got my new 01 cobra bumper

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
the whole drag radial thing kills me on this site, guys relax it wasn't ur car and ur b*tching like parents.

+1000

You guy need to settle. DR's in the rain ain't that bad. So many of you blow it way out of proportion. Some one crashes and it is instantly because of DR's :lol:

RAWRIGHT

Established Member
He probably had traction control off... otherwise some loose gravel + torque= end result. But yeah to lose it he prob blipped the throttle or got on it a little too fast.

When I wrecked my Mach 1 in the rain I had the traction control on and gave it no extra throttle. I went from driving straight to spinning circles through the bar ditch and onto the service road before I had a chance to do anything about it. I had daily driven a GT with 4.10's for 5 years and then the mach 1 for a year or two when that happened.

Sorry to hear OP but you're in one piece and that's all that matters. She can be replaced/fixed. I drive mine in the rain but I have good rain shoes on the car. Not surprised to see that the airbags didn't deploy. Been in 2 bad wrecks the past 3 years and the airbags just don't deploy for whatever reason. Maybe there are no air bags.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
people who never hydroplaned before in the rain drive like there is no difference when its dry. it only takes 1 little puddle and your going the wrong way.. believe me..

glad you alright.. live and learn..

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I know the OP didn't have DRs, but on the subject of drag radials.

I have nittos on my car, and my previous cam/bolt-on/geared WS6. Been caught in the rain plenty of times, never got into an accident. The problem with drag radials is if a lot of rain has accumulated they WILL hydro a bit, (those of you trying to argue they don't, come on it's just physics, drag radials cannot channel water very well). You just have to be a lot more cautious or avoid roads altogether in heavy rain.

Anyways, plenty of people get in accidents in the rain regardless of drag radials. Not sure why all of you automatically assume drag radials are the culprit; shit just happens. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you weren't hurt. Your car can be fixed. You'll be back behind the wheel in no time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
im sorry but how do you lose it on a off/on ramp in the rain? i DD my car in all 4 seasons even when there was 1ft of snow with no issues, and it was modded top to bottom...

Accidents happen. Not a one of us is innocent of never making a driving mistake, no matter how good or safe we think we are. Let's cut him some slack.

Users who are viewing this thread