So I'm just walking from my car...

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
iCEMANSGCCC said:
Really though, great save. I dont think I'm fast enough to be able to get there intime

It felt like I was running sooooooooo slow but also felt like it happened in a blink of an eye, hard to explain.

SVT8U

Established Member
damn dude, nice save. good thing that super eric was around lol. did she give you a thank you blow job or what? Should have if she didnt.....

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
MassCobra said:
Wow, you're a hero! :thumbsup:

you can take....my breath away....i can be your hero....oh wait :burn:

Banned
Booyah, that is awsome man! You are definitly a hero in my book. Simply amazing.

Jgruggs

Established Member
Good job! Glad you had those "cat like reflexes". You might be able to parlay that story (you know, saved a baby and all) into a couple free drinks at the local pub!

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Time for a cape!

Seriously, good job. Most people these days would have just stood back and watched it happen. Kudos for your quick thinking. :beer:

stangkid

Established Member
:bowdown: :bowdown: Great job bro this world needs more people like you. :bowdown: :bowdown:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Booyah said:
to go into the MCX to get a little haircut. And I notice a nice looking young lady with her cart and a small child(girl about 18 - 20 months) in the seat portion. I'm checking out the "goods" and she bolts off leaving the cart on the sidewalk. Think she was running to her car to get something. As the thought runs through my mind, that's not very safe, the cart begins to roll toward the street and curb. That's when I notice that there is another 3 - 4 year old little boy hanging on the back. I'm a good 40+- yards from the cart and it's only about 5 feet from the curb. So I hit a dead sprint and dive just as the cart is going off the curb and tilting toward me spilling the little girl out. I slide underneath the cart on my knees catching it with my right hand so it wouldn't smack the little boy or little girl and with my left arm/hand I catch the little girl like a football before she plants her pretty little head into the ground.

Now, I probably should have put this in smackdown with some of the replies that will come towards the mother but for some reason I wasn't upset at her stupidity at all. I think I'm just happy I was there to prevent such a bad thing from happening, I would have hated to imagine what would have happened to the little girl if I hadn't caught her. One thing I've always prided myself on is paying attention to everything around me and I'm glad I was today.

Anyways, still a little shaken and it's been about three hours since this happened.

I've cought myself in many situations like you just listed here, where I never thought I'd actually make it, but it just kicks in and I move really fast. Almost feels like a conditioned response.

:thumbsup: Good job dude!

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Booyah said:
to go into the MCX to get a little haircut. And I notice a nice looking young lady with her cart and a small child(girl about 18 - 20 months) in the seat portion. I'm checking out the "goods" and she bolts off leaving the cart on the sidewalk. Think she was running to her car to get something. As the thought runs through my mind, that's not very safe, the cart begins to roll toward the street and curb. That's when I notice that there is another 3 - 4 year old little boy hanging on the back. I'm a good 40+- yards from the cart and it's only about 5 feet from the curb. So I hit a dead sprint and dive just as the cart is going off the curb and tilting toward me spilling the little girl out. I slide underneath the cart on my knees catching it with my right hand so it wouldn't smack the little boy or little girl and with my left arm/hand I catch the little girl like a football before she plants her pretty little head into the ground.

Now, I probably should have put this in smackdown with some of the replies that will come towards the mother but for some reason I wasn't upset at her stupidity at all. I think I'm just happy I was there to prevent such a bad thing from happening, I would have hated to imagine what would have happened to the little girl if I hadn't caught her. One thing I've always prided myself on is paying attention to everything around me and I'm glad I was today.

Anyways, still a little shaken and it's been about three hours since this happened.

no smackdown eric, you did what any good parent would do!

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Good job man, plenty of people just gawk when they watch accidents happen, and dont even help after the fact. Sad part is knowing society today, if that kid did fall out the mother would of sued the supermarket/shopping cart company for some kind of safety flaw... and won.

Users who are viewing this thread