So my deposit is in and I will have a gt350 soon. What mods will be available on the

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
So, you want to take a car that's had countless hours of development on the chassis, suspension, drivetrain, and setup for a straight off the lot, purpose built road racer. Then, you want to slap a heat-soaking, unpredictable power adding, straight-line performing modification to it? You'll be happier if you just go buy a Hellcat.

Ford built a high-powered NA engine for endurance and smooth power. If they wanted huge numbers, why would they step back 100+ horsepower from the 2014 GT500?

Spot on.

Is it me or is this thread slightly trollish?

5 posts and getting one soon?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I honestly don't feel schooled. He has his opinion and I have mine.

Dodge had to tell dealers to stop taking orders on hellcats that aren't being built. This could be the same case.

I was advising causation to the OP.

Don't feel school'd. Just understand that what you're saying is wrong, and what I'm saying is right.

I bet I'd make more money if Ford cut me short on allocation (lawsuit) than I would if they gave me extra allocation.

Comparing this to Dodge's debacle is laughable and not the same at all.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I suppose that if you throw enough money at something you can eventually get it to do what you want. Personally, I look forward to seeing numerous failure thresholds being exceeded with respect to the 5.2 as well as the car itself. Not because I enjoy seeing grown men cry but rather due to the fact that over time, we will see improved hardware that will elevate stock, designed-in limitations.

As mentioned, the car's mission statement isn't one of asphalt pounding power but rather, finesse. I assume that Ford engineers have maintained typical factor of safety numbers (a term describing the structural capacity of a system beyond the expected loads or actual loads) and as such, typical, properly designed mods should work without issue. Exceed the FOS numbers by too much and failure will be imminent. You'll have powdered connecting rods, a two piece steel driveshaft, and a downgraded transmission (in comparison to the torque limits of the TR6060) to contend with. This much we know. What fails beyond those items is what interests me. Hence, I welcome catastrophic failure with open arms - just not on my car. My microwave and Redenbacher's finest await.

hognutz

Established Member
IMO there is just not enough data out there yet to know yet what is in this platform.

I personally would not buy this car to turbo charge it. When I had my Z06 I left it N/A as I felt that is what if was better suited for.

my .02 is just like any production car there will be power in intake and exhaust mods those usually do not pose in long term issue. Then look at head porting and cams possibly.

the car could still be too heavy to be a real world beater though in a roll race as nice is ~520hp is at 3600-3700lbs it makes it human.

as far as overall fun drive though i think this car will have it as nice as it is to have a rocket in a strain line it is nice to have something that truley corners well and not just has good grip with bad manerisms.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
So my deposit is in and I will have a gt350 soon. What mods will be available...

To add to my statement, I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your car and money, I just think that there are FAR superior options out there for what you're wanting. If you truly want to turbo a GT350, more power to you.

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Just looking at the piston skirts alone would leave me wary of boosting this engine. The ringlands do not have much meat on them. If you want boost, wait for the GT500. It defeats the whole purpose of this car.

Catless x-pipe and tune would probably be all I'd do to be honest. Not much left exhaust wise with the tuned exhaust manifolds other than the cats and it already basically has an intake.

Last edited:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
To add to my statement, I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your car and money, I just think that there a FAR superior options out there for what you're wanting. If you truly want to turbo a GT350, more power to you.

What are the FAR more superior options? (not arguing, discussing)

Mach828

Established Member
Agree with just doing an offroad midpipe and thats in as far as mods. Take it to the twisties and give it hell.

If you want more straight line performance, just throw a small shot of nitrous at it and purge it at local car meets.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So my question is what mods will be available for a Voodoo engine?

As far as I know you cant turbo a Voodoo due to the high compression.

If this is true what options will we have when we get our cars?
If in fact you have a car on order, you should have at least ( 2 ) pieces of paper.
A standard dealership order sheet, usually yellow, 11 x 17, should outline the final cost, & list any deposit you gave them.
A ( VOC ), vehicle order conformation. This lists your car by code, & all your option codes. It will have the cost of the car, including delivery charges...... ( excluding taxes & other fees )
If all you have is a receipt for any deposit you gave them, you have nothing on order.

Voltwings

Established Member

Honestly, if the 5.0 can benefit from a 5" intake, some solid Lt headers, and otherwise see 450-500 whp, this engine should SHINE with just your basic bolt ons and some well breathing parts.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
So my deposit is in and I will have a gt350 soon. What mods will be available...

For strictly making power numbers and going straight, I think a ZL1, a Hellcat, a used GT500, maybe even a modified Mustang GT or Boss 302 if you consider the cost difference. And that's just muscle/pony cars. What do you think?

For making NA power, I'm holding out hope that this motor is going to beat everything, haha. Like Voltwings said, larger TB, maybe a CJ type manifold, longtube headers, cams, possibly headwork, E85 tune. I really want to see 600+whp NA from it.

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
"youre right, im wrong". i believe this is a gray discussion with no right or wrong. you want to tie your deposit money on a "promise" not an "allocation" thats your choice, one I wouldn't make.

It may not be as prevalent at this time Dodge, but it has the potential as being the same. They are both limited cars, with a lot of demand.

Some dealers will take advantage and promise things they may not be able to deliver or sell to someone else for a higher price

Sure you could sue, but your deposit is still tied up, the dealer might not get one or another. And you've got to show loss. And you've got to higher a lawyer, more money and time while the car you really want disappears from every ford lot.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
For strictly making power numbers and going straight, I think a ZL1, a Hellcat, a used GT500, maybe even a modified Mustang GT or Boss 302 if you consider the cost difference. And that's just muscle/pony cars. What do you think?

For making NA power, I'm holding out hope that this motor is going to beat everything, haha. Like Voltwings said, larger TB, maybe a CJ type manifold, longtube headers, cams, possibly headwork, E85 tune. I really want to see 600+whp NA from it.

I was confused because at this point, I don't think we know what the OP really wants anyway so I did not know what would be "better".

I cannot see planning mods on the GT350 before the order banks or even final stats are available. I plan no mods at all.

If this car can hang with a Porsche on the turns and run a low 12 to High 11 in the 1/4 I just can't see why mods would be needed. It is not a blank canvas like a GT is, it is more of a finished product.

Some mags are calling out 0-60 in 3.7~3.9 and a quarter of 11.8~12.1. If you are not drag racing it, why would you need it to be any faster? and the follow up would be, why the fug are you drag racing it?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I was confused because at this point, I don't think we know what the OP really wants anyway so I did not know what would be "better".

I cannot see planning mods on the GT350 before the order banks or even final stats are available. I plan no mods at all.

If this car can hang with a Porsche on the turns and run a low 12 to High 11 in the 1/4 I just can't see why mods would be needed. It is not a blank canvas like a GT is, it is more of a finished product.

Some mags are calling out 0-60 in 3.7~3.9 and a quarter of 11.8~12.1. If you are not drag racing it, why would you need it to be any faster? and the follow up would be, why the fug are you drag racing it?
Agree 100%. 11.92 quarter was thrown around last week in Texas at the Shelby event supposedly. I know Evan Smith was seen piloting a few on a drag strip a while back.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member

Because I'd street drive it too. I don't feel that bolt-ons and exhaust, or even cams with the proper tune, would completely change the character and balance of the car. Adding FI would.

I'd still want it to be quick in a straight line, just not at the cost of everything that it's built for. The order banks aren't open, but I'm looking at long term anyway. I can't afford one any time soon.

A C6 Z06 doesn't need more power than stock, but I'd still like to build one that made 600+whp NA.

Last edited:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
so if you can crack an 11.7 stock, you'd change the car to get to what 11.5 or 11.3? all speculative of course.

What would be the point? To say your faster than a stock one?

Lemers

Established Member
There will be some tuner shop out there that will come up with some kind of FI kit for this car. Question is " how long will the engine last with FI?"

Users who are viewing this thread