So my deposit is in and I will have a gt350 soon. What mods will be available on the

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Agree with just doing an offroad midpipe and thats in as far as mods. Take it to the twisties and give it hell.

If you want more straight line performance, just throw a small shot of nitrous at it and purge it at local car meets.

I'd put a 100 shot on it.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
All good.

I work on my Cobra and GT. I will not work on this one.

I would modify anything, no matter how much I liked it. It's half of the fun for me. If I picked up my dream car, a 458 Speciale, I MAY last a couple of days before I started researching what I could do to it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Equal length headers and a tune will net 50+whp.

On a 458 speciale equal lengths and a tune net 50-80whp.

I'd do bolt ons, 4.30's and maximum motorsports, Griggs etc suspension parts.

Gt350's will be great factory but like full tilt boogie racing has shown time and time again, the oem bushings and components have too much play in them unless you go delrin etc.

If a $50-75k car is too glass/valuable for you to modify, I wouldn't buy it in the first place. A car should be no more than 5-10% of your monthly income (payment wise) or 1-5% of your net worth if buying in cash.

Done right, bolt on and chassis mods make a good car better. Done wrong they can ruin it. If you don't know how to do mods right, then leave it stock or wait for a gt500 successor.

Power wise, a full bolt on, equal header voodoo gt350 should hit 550-600whp tune and fuel (e85/meth/race gas) dependent.

Throw in cams, 13/1 pistons (race fuel / high octane only setup like race teams will do) and head work and 600-650whp should be doable.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
If a $50-75k car is too glass/valuable for you to modify, I wouldn't buy it in the first place. A car should be no more than 5-10% of your monthly income (payment wise) or 1-5% of your net worth if buying in cash.

[/QUOTE]

What the hell does that mean?

Now expecting a car company to deliver a finished product is an income indicator?

Not wanting the drama of hoping the part you put on doesn't change your experience with the car to the negative means you're over extended?

Dumbest thing I read all day.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member

Now expecting a car company to deliver a finished product is an income indicator?

Not wanting the drama of hoping the part you put on doesn't change your experience with the car to the negative means your over extended?

Dumbest thing I read all day.

+1.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Not wanting the drama of hoping the part you put on doesn't change your experience with the car to the negative means you're over extended?

Dumbest thing I read all day.[/QUOTE]

Oh defensive one of such discrimination...

I'll reply to you in a bit when I have time to explain how ignorant/misunderstanding your coming across.

Bottom line I'm not dogging you at all but you might be over you're head with this car if you don't understand mods, or the car itself.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I fixed the "your" once I reached my destination.

Defensive. Not at all. Offended by arrogant stupidity? All day.

I understand the car and mods. I ruined a 99 gt with 25k worth of chasing my tail. It ran low 10's and stalled out at lights. Yeah me! I'm faster than you! STALL..... I have modded every Mustang I own and have owned but do not plan on modding this one. To quote Ford. "The driver of this car (GT350) will want for nothing" That's what I expect now. A finished product I just want to drive.

But hey, I'm broke so I can't afford it anyway.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Not sure why everyone cares what he does with his own car/money. Personally, I want to see a turbo gt350 boosted till the rods come out the side! Not because I want someones car to blow up but rather see the limitations of "the most ambitious engine program ford has ever done"

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I fixed the "your" once I reached my destination.

Defensive. Not at all. Offended by arrogant stupidity? All day.

I understand the car and mods. I ruined a 99 gt with 25k worth of chasing my tail. It ran low 10's and stalled out at lights. Yeah me! I'm faster than you! STALL..... I have modded every Mustang I own and have owned but do not plan on modding this one. To quote Ford. "The driver of this car (GT350) will want for nothing" That's what I expect now. A finished product I just want to drive.

But hey, I'm broke so I can't afford it anyway.

The arrogant stupidity, name calling, and on and on is unfounded man. I was replying to the op. I hadn't even read yours or others posts when I first posted.

"Glass": some say the fpc will be brittle since it revs high, hp/L etc. I discredit that view and vocalize it often. You're (seemingly) not a glass guy. You strike me like myself, and wants something complete and hassle free. That's completely respectable.

Money: it will be pricey to mod a gt350. No one knows how much yet. It could be smart to hold off modding or buy something else to mod. Basically practice due diligence

Lastly,
1. I didn't build your gt
2. Ouch, sorry that sounds rough.
3. I didn't tell the op to do that to a gt350.

I suggested bolt ons, exhaust and chassis mods, maybe gears and delrin. Wild hair? Cams/head work, e85.

I like getting along with everyone so again I hope the best for you and your gt350, and wish the best to the op if he chooses to mod his.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Dumbest thing I read all day.[/QUOTE]

No man. I was taking to the op. Instead of valuable, I could have used the word irreplaceable or losable. I meant if the op doesn't quite know or feel comfortable with na mods, maybe wait or hold off.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Equal length headers and a tune will net 50+whp.

On a 458 speciale equal lengths and a tune net 50-80whp.

I'd do bolt ons, 4.30's and maximum motorsports, Griggs etc suspension parts.

Gt350's will be great factory but like full tilt boogie racing has shown time and time again, the oem bushings and components have too much play in them unless you go delrin etc.

Done right, bolt on and chassis mods make a good car better. Done wrong they can ruin it. If you don't know how to do mods right, then leave it stock or wait for a gt500 successor.

Power wise, a full bolt on, equal header voodoo gt350 should hit 550-600whp tune and fuel (e85/meth/race gas) dependent.

Throw in cams, 13/1 pistons (race fuel / high octane only setup like race teams will do) and head work and 600-650whp should be doable.

Throwing my initial comment here for simplicity sake if anyone wants to figure out what all the fuss, misunderstanding, etc came from.

Taking one at a time, each of my paragraphs could be insulting I guess. Taken as a whole, which it was intended towards the op, it's just no nonsense straight forward advice/opinions.

Last edited:

drspeed

Banned
The OP might be well advised to research some threads regarding the treatment of potential SE Mustang buyers who made deposits and were "promised" an order by their friendly neighborhood Ford dealer. You could probably spend half a day reading those horror stories.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Meh is what I think here. If the OP was promise a car, if its the dealer he deals with, then he should get the car.

The fact he can buy the car means he can do what he wants to the car. This car, though track oriented is not going to be design to ONLY do track duty. If that were the case, then they would not even had made a tech package....they would have only R version and full road course versions.

Until we see the engines in action and how durable they are, nobody has a clue what it will be able to handle. All we are doing is speculating at this point. I would love to see someone FI this car. If it works out well, I am sure many will do this.

Modding mustangs are part of its DNA. It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket does.

Last edited:

2016 Gt350

Established Member
Meh is what I think here. If the OP was promise a car, if its the dealer he deals with, then he should get the car.

The fact he can buy the car means he can do what he wants to the car. This car, though track oriented is not going to be design to ONLY do track duty. If that were the case, then they would not even had made a tech package....they would have only R version and full road course versions.

Until we see the engines in action and how durable they are, nobody has a clue what it will be able to handle. All we are doing is speculating at this point. I would love to see someone FI this car. If it works out well, I am sure many will do this.

Modding mustangs are part of its DNA. It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket does.

As the OP of this thread I aprove this message!!!!@ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread