So realistically....

modmayhem88

Established Member
Will I be able to pick a 07 Shelby in a few years for around $30k? Because I honestly cannot justify spending the $50k right now or even in the next 6-12 months. I know there's a ton people just like me banking on prices to fall drastically like they have with the Terms but the smaller production run of the Shelby's scares me.

If prices don't start to show a downward decline within the next few months, I may end up "settling" for a Terminator, albeit sometime next year instead of waiting out a Shelby. I know the Term is a great car as well but I'll always have that feeling of "settling" for it.

your thoughts?

Fourcam330

Established Member
They didn't make 24,000-30,000 Terms like they will GT500s by the time all is said and done. Short answer: Yes, just like any other car in the world, they will depreciate significantly over time.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
They didn't make 24,000-30,000 Terms like they will GT500s by the time all is said and done. Short answer: Yes, just like any other car in the world, they will depreciate significantly over time.

This is true! But it may take a little longer than normal. The one thing that could affect the speed of the price drop would be if they only make the car 2 years. As of right now Ford has a deal with Shelby for only a 2 year production.
That’s on the GT 500’s

Tim

Fourcam330

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
This is true! But it may take a little longer than normal. The one thing that could affect the speed of the price drop would be if they only make the car 2 years. As of right now Ford has a deal with Shelby for only a 2 year production.
That’s on the GT 500’s

Tim

I've heard they're good past/through '10 (with slight redesign)?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
SVT told me a few days ago the same think LR is saying. He did go on to say, in a tongue in cheek way, "it will take some renegotiation to go beyond the 2 years" I bet Ford would be willing to pay ole' Carroll a hefty sum to continue the cars and I bet Mr. Shelby will be glad to accept it.

modmayhem88

Established Member
Well, I hope you guys are right. I mean, I wouldn't mind a terminator... in fact from a performance standpoint, some would argue the term is better (let's not argue about that here) but to me, it's the overall package, the car, the looks, the performance, everything about it. I'm in love with this car.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i was told just yesterday by the general manager at the dealer where my shelby is coming from that, his ford rep. told him yesterday that ford had not renewed the contract and they were not producing any 08's and that production was slated for 7400 units, i told him that i didn't believe that and he insisted it was true but you and i know that dealers are not always right either, so take it how you want, we should find out the truth soon.

chuckstang

Established Member
I really think the gt500 run will only be for 2 years, 3 years max. Don't expect any more than 20k gt500s built. IMO but I am very confident with the guess

crazyhorse06

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
i was told just yesterday by the general manager at the dealer where my shelby is coming from that
Don't believe the crap the dealership is telling you. They are creating a sense of urgency to get people to buy them at above sticker. Why would Ford not make as many as they can? They are selling well and all the R&D has been done. They will keep making them as long as they keep selling. If Shelby puts a stop to using his name, they will make them and call it something else.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
i was told just yesterday by the general manager at the dealer where my shelby is coming from that, his ford rep. told him yesterday that ford had not renewed the contract and they were not producing any 08's and that production was slated for 7400 units, i told him that i didn't believe that and he insisted it was true but you and i know that dealers are not always right either, so take it how you want, we should find out the truth soon.

How about last Tuesday? Jeez I am really starting to outright hate dealers...:cuss:
http://media.ford.com/pdf/2008_Product_Guide.pdf

RepoMann

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Don't believe the crap the dealership is telling you. They are creating a sense of urgency to get people to buy them at above sticker. Why would Ford not make as many as they can? They are selling well and all the R&D has been done. They will keep making them as long as they keep selling. If Shelby puts a stop to using his name, they will make them and call it something else.

exactly right. They will just call it the 2009 Mustang Cobra.....like they should have in the first place.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
RepoMann said:
exactly right. They will just call it the 2009 Mustang Cobra.....like they should have in the first place.
I have to agree. I was ecstatic when I found out the car was going to be a Shelby. Then it created a huge mess and took the car out of the hands of the people that have supported Mustangs for years. If they had just left it a Cobra, I'd be out putting headers on it right now instead of typing my frustration away on an internet board.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Am I missing something?
All I see is that it says there will be an 08?? Well no kiddin
Where do you see that? I don't.

I didn't get the post either. What about Tues?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Because of all the hype behind the Shelby name, the GT500 is not targeting the group of buyers/owners that previous year's cobras did. hell, you see a very large amount of Terminator owners under the age of 25 but i don't think there will be even a fraction of that number that is GT500 owners within the first 2-3 years of them being out, mainly because of the pricing of the vehicle.....

Users who are viewing this thread