So Van.....

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
wtf is going on in here?

Van@RevanRacing

This comment inspires curiosity. Far from being lost on me, I find myself thoroughly enjoying the metaphor and thinking well played, sir - well played. My curiosity arises from the reference. Do I infer correctly that you are a fan of Cussler, the author of the 1976 novel (which was made into a 1980 movie of the same name)? The book was quite good. Enduring the movie, however, was akin to plunging an incandescent soldering iron into your cornea. One interesting bit of trivia about Cussler: he owns a mint '65 GT350. Maybe you mentioning one of his books has deeper meaning? :)

I never anticipated that engaging you in a little wordplay would reveal the Dylan Thomas of SVT Performance. Your continuation of the prose not only displays a masterful handle on quantitative meter, but a talent for rhyme scheme as well. What's next? Are you going to set off into a humbling burst of iambic pentameter?

I would continue the prosal flow with my own additions, but I'm thinking the crowd may become restless if this thread bears any further resemblance to the Norton Anthology of American Literature. Plus, Devious_Snake is a solid cat and I'm nursing some self-reproach over shanghaiing his thread.

Duece. ;-)

Advantage S-

I knew the light Cussler reference would be deduced but my "Service Ace" was returned for a side out to you sir. Fine volley of service. I didn't stand a chance much like Custer.

Fortunately for those enduring this read don't have to listen to any of my pentameter as I cannot carry a note in a proverbial bucket. The Lord hath given me the right to hum to hymns in church. However he has blessed me with three children that I can honestly say can carry a note. One of which, my eldest daughter of 10 years has an angelic voice that makes me weep. That is complete truth. Her voice makes me crumble.

As for verse I have come to a gun fight with a butter knife in any effort at dueling banjos with the S man. You are Roy Clark and I am C.C. Deville. Your verse is quantitative and unparalleled. I am most pleased that I can list you as a friend. Although my efforts seem to resemble that of a one legged speed skater.

Now you know what I'm watching on the tele.

Fierce service on the ready.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
Advantage S-

I knew the light Cussler reference would be deduced but my "Service Ace" was returned for a side out to you sir. Fine volley of service. I didn't stand a chance much like Custer.

Fortunately for those enduring this read don't have to listen to any of my pentameter as I cannot carry a note in a proverbial bucket. The Lord hath given me the right to hum to hymns in church. However he has blessed me with three children that I can honestly say can carry a note. One of which, my eldest daughter of 10 years has an angelic voice that makes me weep. That is complete truth. Her voice makes me crumble.

As for verse I have come to a gun fight with a butter knife in any effort at dueling banjos with the S man. You are Roy Clark and I am C.C. Deville. Your verse is quantitative and unparalleled. I am most pleased that I can list you as a friend. Although my efforts seem to resemble that of a one legged speed skater.

Now you know what I'm watching on the tele.

Fierce service on the ready.
Your humility is admirable, but there is no need to so intently discountenance your own on-court prowess. This has been a most engaging rally. Throughout this very entertaining allegorical swat session, the scene has played out with increasing color on a gustative canvas. On one side is Agassi, circa 1988, with his trademark Baywatch hair and a lime green head band that resembles a microfiber thong from the Victoria's Secret Summer Collection. On the other side, twirling his racket in front of him in reflexive indlugence of his OCD, stands Pete Sampras, his bushy unibrow furrowing over his eyes like a giant caterpillar from a 1960s Japanese monster flick. One guy can smash serves by anyone and the other is the best returner in the game. I see this one coming down to a fifth set tiebreaker. It'll end up something like 41-39. If all else fails, you can hire a disgruntled Steffi Graf fan to shiv me in the shoulder for excessive grunting.

Since I'm descended from those folks who lit out of Egypt through a fortuitous divide in the Red Sea, I haven't spent much time belting out hymns in church. I did, however, once throw down in a battle rap against a Pentecostal minister. Does that count?

It sounds as though your oldest daughter could embarrass all of us in the realm of song. Even as I'd never advise another dude to admit to weeping, when a God-given talent begins to blossom in your kid, I get that it turns even the toughest paternal figure into a daisy. Totally understandable. You think she's got the pipes to show those American Idol lightweights how it's really done? Maybe someday the equation will look something like this: Van = 13-6 (although, maybe by the time all this comes to fruition, it'll be 22-10), where Van's daughter = Van's 401K. :)

Ok, CC, pick up that racket and . . . serve to me! (I'm still recovering from you trotting out the Poision reference).

P.S. Just wondering, what do you think of the new SCT X4 tuner?

Dirk Pitt would be proud.

No doubt. As would Al Giordino, St. Julien Perlmutter, Kurt Austin, Juan Cabrillo and the crew of the Oregon, Isaac Bell, The whole Van Dorn Detective Agency, Sam and Remy Fargo, et. al.

What I want to know is when is Cussler's '65 GT350 going to show up in one of his novels. I'm tired of the cars Pitt has to power using the Flinstone Technique, until his feet look like two shredded bunions.

Users who are viewing this thread