So where'e the 8-10K units?

venams03

Established Member
I don't know about anybody else but I'm in a large market here in Chicago, and I've only seen 2 GT-500's on the street so far.

How the heck is Ford going to hit their target for production of 8-10K units when I'm barely seeing any of these on the streets or in stores? I'm wondering if there's a production holdup still going on?

svt4cobra6

Does seem like production must be very slow. Out here in Las Vegas there are not many and must be ordered from the dealer. The cheapest I found was a 20k markup from one dealer while other dealers want a 25k markup! Current vehicle 03 cobra 46k miles no problems!

Last edited:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
thats why the dealers still want the adm's. i think a lot more will start showing up in the spring as production increases. i've only seen a few so far

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
10k units for the 07 production run through july 07 is aprox. so considering we still have 2/3 the production year to go i will estimate only 3-4k have been built. spread that out over the entire nation, and then throw in the winter weather in your neck of the woods its not surprising that they would not be all over the road at this time of year. hey but these are just my thoughts.:shrug:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
I haven't seen one on the road yet - I'm thinking maybe the 07 Cobras are just an urban ledgend :poke:

Maybe i just need to get out more... I lead a sheltered life :bored:

venams03 said:
I don't know about anybody else but I'm in a large market here in Chicago, and I've only seen 2 GT-500's on the street so far.

How the heck is Ford going to hit their target for production of 8-10K units when I'm barely seeing any of these on the streets or in stores? I'm wondering if there's a production holdup still going on?

I haven't even seen 10 Terminators on the road here in NJ the past 3 years and I drive up and own this state. I rarely ever even see any other Cobras anywhere in this state.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
still haven't seen a shelby here in San Diego...I know they are here...but haven't seen them...I'm kinda dissappointed

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
it is still 06 and they have all of 07 and 08. if you look on e-bay you will see where most of them are, still at the dealer's because they still think there worth gold.

bullittman

Established Member
The SVT dealer here in my area is getting (4) for the year....First one came in august 1, second is due any day and he says the 3rd...Mine should be allocated late feb/early march. I would say by this small sample that production is on track.

Dave07997S

Established Member
A lot of them are sitting on dealer lots with a 20K over ADM, thats why they aren't moving as fast. I found a bunch of them for sale, but all the dealers want to hit homeruns with them with the 20K over MSRP. As the supply of these build the price will drop..just give it time.

Dave

03snakerush

Established Member
sn8k said:
I haven't seen one on the road yet - I'm thinking maybe the 07 Cobras are just an urban ledgend :poke:

Maybe i just need to get out more... I lead a sheltered life :bored:

I'm here in the Bay Area as well and finally saw a black one up in the Berkeley hills 3 weeks ago. I was a passenger in my wifes new Corvette and the Shelby we saw was MOVING boys & girls! It was going the opposite way or we would have given chase just to check it out. Other than that single one, I haven't seen any others.
Funny thing- Ford NEVER advertised the 2003-2004 Cobras but they sure are running the Shelby ads. When I asked about production numbers today at the S.F. Auto show, the rep stated 3 years for absolute sure...:shrug:

rocketman

Established Member
Just say no to MSRP

I would not pay over MSRP for this car. I made a huge mistake paying over MSRP for my 2003 Cobra in October 2002 (when very few dealers had them in NY/NJ). I bought into the hype of the hand built engine and and limited production. Ford made as many Cobras as they could sell (around 14,000). The dealers lots piled them up and Ford really screwed me when they even offered rebates on them. My cobra has quickly depreciated to the point where it isn't worth selling and this will also happen to the 500. It's simple, Ford makes a ton of money on these cars so they will make as many has they can sell. As soon as spring rolls around you will have no problem finding one. I would never buy another Ford product, but if I did I would wait for the Spring.

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I'm still waiting to see my first shelby here in north florida. Usually, the area is stuffed to the gills with exotics and other high end cars. I'm kind of surprised i haven't seen one yet. I'll be waiting to find one used after the 08's start coming out, and i'm not planning on buying one at or near msrp. I think the 42k price tag was a little to high, but that is just me, I thought the 03's and 04's were a bit high at the time too. I've been happy with my 25k mile 04 I have now, and will be happy to hold on to it for a couple years till the prices drop on the shelby's. If the prices don't fall, I may opt for a hemi challenger instead, or will just invest the funds in my old charger and play with it instead.

tammy

Established Member
Lord Warlock if your in Jax my car was around last weekend. If you want to check one out stop my HP and see Tony over in OP. He's doing tuning and mod's for several owners. My car's in Jax once a week for business. :)

manOwar

Established Member
Lord Warlock said:
I'm still waiting to see my first shelby here in north florida. Usually, the area is stuffed to the gills with exotics and other high end cars. I'm kind of surprised i haven't seen one yet. I'll be waiting to find one used after the 08's start coming out, and i'm not planning on buying one at or near msrp. I think the 42k price tag was a little to high, but that is just me, I thought the 03's and 04's were a bit high at the time too. I've been happy with my 25k mile 04 I have now, and will be happy to hold on to it for a couple years till the prices drop on the shelby's. If the prices don't fall, I may opt for a hemi challenger instead, or will just invest the funds in my old charger and play with it instead.

Come out to Youngerman Square at 295 and Blanding Sunday, Dec 3rd.

racinskillz101

The New Guy
Established Member
Fords svt line is pretty rare to see here in skokie (north of chicago) ive seen 1 gt500 and im not even sure it was one, all i could see through the traffic was the hood. agreeing with what was said previously even cobras are hard to see. ive seen one in my neighborhood parked, 2 in dealer lots and one driving but was on the other side of the road. lol this summer alone ive seen 3 ferarris and 2 lambos driving. so in my book yall have cars that are rarer than exotics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread