So where'e the 8-10K units?

chuckstang

Established Member
+1 I hardly ever see any year cobra, I am more apt to see a corvette, ferrari, porsche before I see a cobra. Cobras tend to stick to the track or under a cover

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I must've seen at least 30 GT500's so far. Then again, I live in
Dearborn, MI...which is Ford world HQ.

bunk22

Established Member
scottmartin said:
True True True, the new c6 under msrp is a great deal. Scott

There are a few deals of your basic corvettes with rebates going for $39,XXX brand new. No options but that's not a bad price for a new C6.

I've only seen three GT500's, two on the road and one in dealer showroom marked up $30K. Of course now I'm in a much smaller town but there are plenty of C6's and down the street, a guy owns a new Viper.

jshen

Established Member
I've seen none in S.E. GA....and at what dealers are asking, I don't expect to see any on the road.

Could dealers be asking for a holdup to get the higher prices?:shrug:

DAkid

VLC & AAS
Established Member
i have yet to see one on the road.. i seen 3 that have came to the dealer tho...

Almo

Established Member
When the Terms hit the road with the hype and mark-up, I seen one silver one roaming the street in late 2002. Then by summer 2003, they were everywhere it seemed.

GT500s will most likely be the same come summer 2007.

95Proof

Established Member
I've read some have already put orders in for 08', or a least got on a "list". If all of the 07's are spoken for - by this I mean dealer orders not actual customer purchases- shouldn't they have a hard number?? When the terms. were realeased local svt dealer had one pretty soon. I have seen one locally - white w/ blue stripes. Beautiful car.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
i still haven't seen another one on the road. I've seen at least 50 at various dealers.

That's because the dealers are being money hungry whores and asking insane mark ups. :xpl: :xpl:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
95Proof said:
I've read some have already put orders in for 08', or a least got on a "list". If all of the 07's are spoken for - by this I mean dealer orders not actual customer purchases- shouldn't they have a hard number?? When the terms. were realeased local svt dealer had one pretty soon. I have seen one locally - white w/ blue stripes. Beautiful car.

yes we have been through this before. no many will not believe you, but i will say that i believe there is a lot of interest, and many orders already into the dealers for thier personal 07 and 08 gt500. just very few people want to play the dealers greedy games after what they have seen with the new 03 mustangs svt, the new c6, etc.

back on topic i have seen one gt500 here in az. though i have seen 2 cars of another just released(spring 06, i believe) low volume highly anticipated ford product. yes i have seen more aston martin v8's than i have seen gt500's so far. the amv8 is sweeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :beer: :eek:

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Ive seen 3 around here on the road. But, there were 2 at the dealership when I bought my 06. One was being test driven. It must be nice!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
well... at Bickford Motors in Snohomish Washington they had/have 6 on the lot.. never seen so many high performance Mustangs in once place at one time.. quite a 4 or 6 supercharged Saleen 06 Mustangs, 2 Terminators(one was mine) , and 6 GT500's.. but overshadowing them all was the 06 Ford GT behind ropes in the corner...

boosted_f150

Banned SCAMMER/LIAR
jshen said:
I've seen none in S.E. GA....and at what dealers are asking, I don't expect to see any on the road.

Could dealers be asking for a holdup to get the higher prices?:shrug:

we now have 2 in Vidalia...and i've gotten to ride in one of them...it was NICE!!!!

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I've seen one so far here in NJ.....white with blue stripes at a shopping center. Who gets out? A 17 year old with 3 of his buddies! Obviously daddy bought it for him and thats fine more power to him. I asked him how he liked it and his response..."It's awesome man.....is yours a real Cobra?" I said yea and hes like "O i thought it was a gt with cobra emblems on it." What a douche. he clearly saw the interior and everything. Hes like I cant wait doing work to it man im getting the windows tinted and a system. I said wow awesome man enjoy and drove away. Dont know where i was going with that but it bothers me when people get a car that they know nothing about and its just a waste for him to be "cruising" around with it

95Proof

Established Member
"Hes like I cant wait doing work to it man im getting the windows tinted and a system." - His last car was definitely rice, window tint mod = 12 - 15 hp, stereo = 20 - 25 hp. 5 - 10 stickers and it will be heavily modded. You'll see him on the net talking trash about how bad a.. his heavily modded shelby is and then see him get waxed by a stock civic with bad exhaust because, after all he is a douche. You should have called him out - asked him why he needed more stereo - isn't the shaker 1000 enough? He probably would have asked you what the hell you were talking about..

oldmodman

Established Member
A BEAUTIFUL! GT-500, white with blue stripes, pulled into the parking spot next to me yesterday. It was driven by a MILF in her early fifties. Since I was in my Yellow 03 Cobra we started talking. She got hers at MSRP since she had an 04 Cobra on a Powerlease. She said she loves the car, intends to keep it stock for the first year then she is going to do some mild mods, mostly cosmetic. And her husband just got a new Z-06!

The only other GT-500 that I have seen on the road was a black coupe, no stripes, on the freeway last week. It had dealer plates on it so it could have been a press car.

Users who are viewing this thread