So where'e the 8-10K units?

04 SVTCobra 956

Established Member
Maybe Ford will only make 3500 units per year for two years. I heard this from the dealership (Ted Britt Ford Fairfax VA).......if true.....2007 Shelbys will continue to sell with high dealer markups.

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
03snakerush said:
I'm here in the Bay Area as well and finally saw a black one up in the Berkeley hills 3 weeks ago. I was a passenger in my wifes new Corvette and the Shelby we saw was MOVING boys & girls! It was going the opposite way or we would have given chase just to check it out. Other than that single one, I haven't seen any others.
Funny thing- Ford NEVER advertised the 2003-2004 Cobras but they sure are running the Shelby ads. When I asked about production numbers today at the S.F. Auto show, the rep stated 3 years for absolute sure...:shrug:

I hardly drive mine, But I have seen 3 or 4 others mainly in Concord/Walnut Creek area. I do see a lot of 03-04 Cobras around.

That Black one you saw, did it have stripe delete?

As far a ADM - You pay to be 1st, plain and simple. Just like when the 05 GTs came out, you want one now while others wait, then you pay more. No problem with that.

With 1000 dealers being located outside the USA, I wonder how many will end up outside the US.

03snakerush

Established Member
WILDTHANG said:
I hardly drive mine, But I have seen 3 or 4 others mainly in Concord/Walnut Creek area. I do see a lot of 03-04 Cobras around.

That Black one you saw, did it have stripe delete?

As far a ADM - You pay to be 1st, plain and simple. Just like when the 05 GTs came out, you want one now while others wait, then you pay more. No problem with that.

With 1000 dealers being located outside the USA, I wonder how many will end up outside the US.

Yes it was stripe delete, just like the one I saw for sale months ago at W.C. Ford. Not sure if that was the same one though. Heard someone paid the 25,750.00 mark-up on that one. Hope that guy enjoys the cost of being first.:shrug:

03snakerush

Established Member
04 SVTCobra 956 said:
Maybe Ford will only make 3500 units per year for two years. I heard this from the dealership (Ted Britt Ford Fairfax VA).......if true.....2007 Shelbys will continue to sell with high dealer markups.

Not true-false information. Ford will make 8,000 to 10,000 units for 3 years.
Don't let an idiot dealer perpetuate bullshit mark-ups.

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
03snakerush said:
Yes it was stripe delete, just like the one I saw for sale months ago at W.C. Ford. Not sure if that was the same one though. Heard someone paid the 25,750.00 mark-up on that one. Hope that guy enjoys the cost of being first.:shrug:

That would be the car and yes he is enjoying the he!! out of it.

Last edited:

04 SVTCobra 956

Established Member
03snakerush said:
Not true-false information. Ford will make 8,000 to 10,000 units for 3 years.
Don't let an idiot dealer perpetuate bullshit mark-ups.
Is that 8,000 to 10,000 total, or per year?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yep. I figure that since I see about 4-5 random Terminators a month around here, that in about 2 years I will see about 5-10 GT500s per month, since they are making about double the amount per year. That will be pretty cool. Lots of fun racing..hopefully I will have my new motor by then :big smile on face:

-Jeff

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
I've only seen 1 and with distributor plates. They're not around much IMO because the ADM's are holding up what would otherwise be fairly brisk sales.

The dealers better start moving those over priced GT500's soon; competition is out next year from BMW and Nissan just to name a few; a mild recession is widely predicted and a redesigned Mustang is out in 2 more MY's- all bad news for a $50,000 Mustang.

That and the number of people willing and capable of buying the car isn't going up. Some, like me, are in the market for a replacement NOW out of need; my/our ability to wait for the ADM's to disappear is very limited. I'm hitting the LA auto show next week with a serious eye towards other brands because of the high markup's on the GT500.

Bad business IMHO, but I won't beat that dead whores again :bash:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I have seen 7 total since the release.

3 were at the dealerships
3 at car shows
1 random one on the road while driving from work (took some pics on the work camera)

Users who are viewing this thread