So, why is it so hard for women to use tin foil?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sheeeeeeeeeeit

I haven't trained her at all. I just went into it knowing she's gonna do things the way she wants and she's gonna want me to things her way.

Over the 10+ years we've been together I've just found ways to make it look like shit's done her way.

No she does not cook, she's responsible for taking care of a 4mo old. I do the cooking. Granted, I did all the cooking before baby came, but she cleaned everything then.

Ur a sammich maker eh?

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
The use of plastic wrap requires a special skill set only few mortals can master. Tin foil is the condom for baking sheets and other surfaces that cooking food comes in contact with that any child should be able to use.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just tell her not to use your tin foil.

Zemedici

Established Member
She burns cereal, so yes.

I grew up working in back of the house at restaurants from high school through undergrad so I do enjoy cooking

To be fair, she isn't useless in the kitchen anymore, she's learning and getting better

sounds like me man, i could **** up toast

and whats worse is I cooked at restaurants too lol for some reason I could do it fine 'professionally' but just abhor doing it personally. Mundane af. Like laundry lmfao

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I can't comment. Wife has a commercial size roll of saran wrap with the charaded cutter on top. I just can't seem to use that without trouble. I'm just not cut out to be a sandwich maker.

Is the charaded cutter facing the right direction? Some designs, it comes in the box and then you set it up. The tiny spikes are angled, so if you put it in the wrong way, it's not as efficient at cutting. Next, apply pressure with your whole arm. So with your right hand, say you pull out a foot of it. With your left hand, apply downward pressure, just in front of the cutting edge. Start at one side and roll your way across until it's fully cut. Takes 2 seconds and works perfectly.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Is the charaded cutter facing the right direction? Some designs, it comes in the box and then you set it up. The tiny spikes are angled, so if you put it in the wrong way, it's not as efficient at cutting. Next, apply pressure with your whole arm. So with your right hand, say you pull out a foot of it. With your left hand, apply downward pressure, just in front of the cutting edge. Start at one side and roll your way across until it's fully cut. Takes 2 seconds and works perfectly.
Thanks, the edge is on correctly. It's a Costco size roll that has a whole drawer dedicated for it. I've seen the wife use it and she's like a ninja. Opens the drawer and bam! She really should be a short order cook, she actually went to culinary school.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
its the same thing

no one uses real TIN Foil anymore do they?
Goats love that shit I think.

Also, that's how we should be determining gender these days, can you use the saran wrap? If yes, girl.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I have got it to cut cleanly just to have it stick to itself immediately and then folds itself over a few times.

Also, I had my wife on the aluminum foil trick for the pans, but she stopped doing it and I swear it's so she can scrub extra loud while I'm watching tv.

Zemedici

Established Member
Goats love that shit I think.

Also, that's how we should be determining gender these days, can you use the saran wrap? If yes, girl.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I have got it to cut cleanly just to have it stick to itself immediately and then folds itself over a few times.

Also, I had my wife on the aluminum foil trick for the pans, but she stopped doing it and I swear it's so she can scrub extra loud while I'm watching tv.

shiiiit i used to do the dishes as tanya cooked, i showed her the foil trick

SOMEHOW i got it now so she cleans after she cooks lolol

BUT still uses the trick i taught her

so i helped!

familyguy-stewie.gif

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife loves to cook. 6 people over for dinner? She makes enough to feed 12.
She is a tin foil, saran wrapping queen.
I am not allowed to even fill the dishwasher because "I don't do it right".
That's fine with me. Load away Queen of the Kitchen.
She is also a extremely good cook. It is a wonder I don't weigh 400+ lbs.
Typical comment after dinner "why don't you have seconds? You don't like it do you?"
No, I loved it, I just want to be able to button up the pants in the morning...
Good Lord.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
My wife loves to cook. 6 people over for dinner? She makes enough to feed 12.
She is a tin foil, saran wrapping queen.
I am not allowed to even fill the dishwasher because "I don't do it right".
That's fine with me. Load away Queen of the Kitchen.
She is also a extremely good cook. It is a wonder I don't weigh 400+ lbs.
Typical comment after dinner "why don't you have seconds? You don't like it do you?"
No, I loved it, I just want to be able to button up the pants in the morning...
Good Lord.
Good problem to have.

I also apparently load the dishwasher wrong.

There are 2 types of people in the world, those that have to have the dishwasher loaded absolutely perfect every single time and those who don't care how it's loaded and they marry each other.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Good problem to have.

There are 2 types of people in the world, those that have to have the dishwasher loaded absolutely perfect every single time and those who don't care how it's loaded and they marry each other.
Guilty on the dishwasher deal. I won’t let her do it. Completely wrong.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Guilty on the dishwasher deal. I won’t let her do it. Completely wrong.
It's not a gender thing, at least in my experience. I was at the store and my father in law came over, I walked inside and the dishes were running. I asked if my wife was home and he said "no, just felt like doing the dishes right."

Lol ok fine by me.

Zemedici

Established Member
Good problem to have.

bro

I apparently load the dishwasher / pantry wrong

She's all about 'organization'

Like if I just toss the bread on the shelf I'm Lucifer reincarnated.

how dare I not put it at a 90 degree angle neatly next to the other breads, spaced 1/4 inch apart

like you said,

'whatever you say babe - you stock the pantry / do the dishes your way'

lolol

Same thing with the yard. 'I dont cut it right'

Who knew there was more ways to cut grass than just walking up and down in the yard? 1/4 acre with a push mower btw lolol

Needless to say I have lots of free time.....;)

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I draw the line when she tries to get me to do non kitchen things "her way".
I just say "listen, I don't tell you how to do stuff, so if I have to do something, it is going to be my way. What difference does it make as long as it gets done"?
This is especially true with hanging pictures, moving furniture, or repairing a faucet. She can't do those things, so leave me alone and let me get it done.

She actually has a sign in the kitchen that reads, and I kid you not, "As Long as Everything is Done Exactly the Way I Want, I am Totally Flexible"

She thinks that is a perfectly reasonable stance...

Zemedici

Established Member
I draw the line when she tries to get me to do non kitchen things "her way".
I just say "listen, I don't tell you how to do stuff, so if I have to do something, it is going to be my way. What difference does it make as long as it gets done"?
This is especially true with hanging pictures, moving furniture, or repairing a faucet. She can't do those things, so leave me alone and let me get it done.

She actually has a sign in the kitchen that reads, and I kid you not, "As Long as Everything is Done Exactly the Way I Want, I am Totally Flexible"

She thinks that is a perfectly reasonable stance...

#women

Users who are viewing this thread