So....You DIDN'T want a crane on your roof?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not a crane operator but I was watching how far out he was extending the pool and it just seemed like it was further than was safe. Whatever the reason why the crane tipped forward, I feel so bad for the home owner. Sure, insurance will cover it but what a mess. The pool is probably destroyed. The crane operator will probably get fired. A bad day for a number of people. It's very fortunate no one was hurt. Or killed.

03snkvert

Established Member
Saw this on CNN, They said there was a malfunction with the computer on the crane!

Equalbracket

Established Member
100% operator error, that homeowner took it like a champ tho...in the heat of the moment anyways. No snag lines on the pool? 100+ feet from the house, should of had spotters and kept it as low as possible.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not a crane operator but I was watching how far out he was extending the pool and it just seemed like it was further than was safe. Whatever the reason why the crane tipped forward, I feel so bad for the home owner. Sure, insurance will cover it but what a mess. The pool is probably destroyed. The crane operator will probably get fired. A bad day for a number of people. It's very fortunate no one was hurt. Or killed.

In order to perform a lift like that, you need to run through a series of calculations. As the boom extends away from the crane at a "less than" 90 degree angle to vertical you loose lifting capacity and stabilty.

E

Users who are viewing this thread