So you've always wanted a new 1969 Boss 429.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So, you can now have a brand spanking new 1969 Boss 429. Well, sort of. Classic Recreations, an Oklahoma-based custom car builder, has unveiled the first of a new line of “continuation” 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429s. Here's the complete article. They ain't cheap, starting at $209K!

'New' 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 now on sale

boss-2.jpg

boss-4.jpg

boss-3.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Owners of genuine Boss 429's are rejoicing at the news. Cant imaging this wouldn't push the value up on them.
I tend to agree with you.

I remember back 15-20 years ago there was a company that was offering '60s and early '70 muscle cars for about the price of a modern day muscle car. They would start with a run of the mill condition car, say a 1965 GTO, and basically restore it with modern components like disc brakes, modern suspension, fuel injection, etc. I remember seeing an Old 442 and a couple of other cars they had done. Very affordable. Done very well. AND, affordable! But I guess it didn't pan out for them because they disappeared.

But there are other companies re-producing "modernized" classic muscle. Check out Revology Cars. Equally expensive but they offer the following Mustangs. Of course, purists would more prefer the cars in their pure, original versions, complete with original engines, drivetrains, interiors, etc.
* 1966 Mustang GT convertible - $167,760.
* 1966 Mustang GT 2+2 fastback - $178,680.
* 1966 Shelby GT350/GT350R - $194,720.
* 1967 Shelby GT500 - $227,760.
* 1968 Mustang GT 2+2 fastback - $180,680.

restoration-mustang-revology-e1510897493157.jpg

"This car may look like a 1966 Mustang. But it doesn’t drive like one. Why? Because we started with the timeless shape of the 1966 Mustang, then designed a modern car underneath it. Featuring a sophisticated double-wishbone front suspension, precise rack and pinion steering, confidence inspiring four-wheel disc brakes, and a powerful and efficient V8 engine, the Revology Mustang delivers driving excitement that rivals modern sportscars. Yet ,it does all this with a unique style that no modern car can match."

Revology Cars

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Wasn't there one or two in particular that went for $300k and $400k?

There was a black one that went for $550k. Cant recall what was so special about it. Honestly surprised to see so many and also relatively low prices, I think of these as unicorn cars. I think hemi cudas go for more, dont they?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There was a black one that went for $550k. Cant recall what was so special about it. Honestly surprised to see so many and also relatively low prices, I think of these as unicorn cars. I think hemi cudas go for more, dont they?

They used to but the values have come back down on them I believe to about that range or less. They were in the millions because during the muscle car craze 10 years back they were the unicorn of the Hemis.

The Boss 429 had two different blacks, Raven Black and Black Jade so it is possible one of those two colors is really rare. I think the Black Jade has a green tinge to it obviously.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
So, you can now have a brand spanking new 1969 Boss 429. Well, sort of. Classic Recreations, an Oklahoma-based custom car builder, has unveiled the first of a new line of “continuation” 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429s. Here's the complete article. They ain't cheap, starting at $209K

Bob, I have a guy that I know in my town who has an all original Grabber Green Z-code 1970 Boss 429 that he bought new in 1970 and it has 17,000 original miles and its in mint original condition. He stores the Boss in his daughters climate controlled garage in North Carolina to keep it away from the winter moisture here in the Northeast. The car is beautiful, amazing and worth a ton of money. Its no doubt one of the best original 1970 Boss 429's around. Not many originals around like this one anymore.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Wasn't there some controversy about the Dynacorns? like they were made overseas or something?

Most likely made overseas, I read a few build articles and it is not for the faint of heart. Tremendous amount of metal work to get everything to fit with proper panel gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread