So you've always wanted a new 1969 Boss 429.....

Recon

Established Member
If it was stock I’d want it, but those mods don’t do much for me.

Pick your poison.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Im surprised Ford doesn't have a small production facility somewhere just making reproduction bodies and panels.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Damnnnn, that is a sweet machine!
Would love to own,...but not enough cashola. lol

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That’s insane! I had no idea. Link??

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I haven't had much luck finding it but I saw it only a few months ago. The google searches that pop up say 500-520hp but I think they are referring to what it actually dyno's stock with the factory carb, not a more realistic carb which is where the 650hp figure came from. It was always said to be really underrated.

Edit: I found the full article and Im slightly mistaken. I think what I had seen was a paraphrase of this article that made it sound like it was a stock motor. Couldn't tell what all was forced to be changed for better or worse but this guy basically built a Boss motor for the Amsoil Engine Challenge but it has a lot of other modification that got it to that horsepower.

Boss 429 Engine - Popular Hot Rodding Magazine

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob, I have a guy that I know in my town who has an all original Grabber Green Z-code 1970 Boss 429 that he bought new in 1970 and it has 17,000 original miles and its in mint original condition. He stores the Boss in his daughters climate controlled garage in North Carolina to keep it away from the winter moisture here in the Northeast. The car is beautiful, amazing and worth a ton of money. Its no doubt one of the best original 1970 Boss 429's around. Not many originals around like this one anymore.

Wow, that Boss sounds awesome. I love stories like that. That guy is very fortunate to own it. There's a guy in a nearby town who owns a 1969 Royal Maroon Boss 429. I have to say that I, personally, swoon when I see a Boss 429. There is just something special and majestic about the Boss. It grabs my attention and heart even more than a Hemi Cuda.

CV355

_
Established Member
Maybe I'll hold onto mine for a while longer and see if the price keeps going up... Unfortunately the "1" between 428 and 429 is worth $100k... :/

(yes I know the difference...)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I wish I had your 69. That is an amazing car.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My first car was a project 69 Fastback with a 302 that I got for $2500 when I was 15. I think I traded it off sometime in like 03-04 and I regret it every day. That's the one car I want back.

ssssnake

Established Member
I saw the article yesterday. Yes, I know the original 1969 is the best, but having today's creature comforts ain't bad either. It is hot looking. If I had that kind of money, I'd have one....maybe not. I'd foresee trouble for me LOL

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Take yer pick!

aw6wiu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread