Soap Ported Blower Results (What you have all been waiting for!) Long!!

dougwg

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Soap Ported Blower Results (What you have all been waiting for!) Long!!

Originally posted by stevenscamaross
I am not bashing them. They sold me a garbage product and won't stand behind it. I never knew bashing was stating the truth.

it's not... I was just asking :)

FordFreak

Established Member
I can understand both sides, but the reason for porting it to make more power. He didnt deliver so I say you should get a refund and a stock eaton.

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
This is the worst customer service crap I have ever heard. The best way to deal with this is press. Their customers are the ones on these forums so you need to post and post like crazy and then you need to write to several publications. If they don't give you the money back then they will lose alot of business. I wish you the best and there is no way I will buy from this company. They should apologize and make up for it by giving your money back and then they should do some serious pr work to get their business back

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by stevenscamaross
I hope so as well. I would hate to have to take this into court, but I am not getting screwed out of my money that I work hard for.
You've got to be kidding me right? You'd actually take this to court? Spend even more money over a $400 port job, because you didnt see good gains? Its a risk you take when having something done. YOU make the gamble. 99% of companies dont guarantee anything. They dont technically have to do ANYTHING for you.

You should be happy they're offering you a stock blower/or a new ported Eaton for free. Technically Joe is right, they dont owe you $400 back. That was their charge for porting your Eaton, gains or no gains.

Im not trying to be an ass, but you guys are getting a little to pompous with your requests.

Soap

Established Member
So much for private messages. I was trying to take care of this offline but I guess that is worthless.

Steve,

I don't see what is so horrible about the buisness........or better yet you judging me personally. I have done countless jobs of all sorts for both Lightning and Cobra owners over the past couple years.......and you are the first person to have a problem. The other gentleman (Todd) from Ohio I had nothing to do with.......HAVEIGHT is taking care of him. I don't see where you guys come up with "3 or 4 bad port jobs". Everyone else on this board have had great results (BLWN03, HIGHROLLER, HAVEIGHT) to name a few.

In those PM's I sent you I was simply asking questions because I had no idea what you were looking to get..........the first PM or email you sent me about this issue was yesterday at 3pm, so I was not ignoring you........you never mentioned any issue to me.

Like I stated in my PM I have no problem getting you a refund........next time you have a problem with someone try contacting them first..........you may get further than you think.

At least there are some technical thoughts/ideas on Modular........
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13045

--Joe

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Established Member
While I feel for you that you aren't seeing the kinds of gains you were expecting I think you need to realize that taking him to court will most likely end up costing you more that you would get back, if you get back anything. It sounds like Soap offered to port your blower for $400, which he did, but I doubt he gave you a 100% guarantee as to how much power you're going to gain from it. And by looking at your dyno charts, it look like you did gain some, although not much, so as far as the courts are going to be concerned you did get what you paid for. In the aftermarkey performance business no company will give a 100% guarantee as to how much power you'll gain with a mod.

Nothing has been resolved on my end. Matt at Haveight is unreachable and will not return phone calls. (I bought the blower through Haveight but it was ported by Kevin). I have not been able to reach him (Matt) for over month now, ever since he realized that the blower was the problem and not my car. I guess I'll have to rely on Joe/Kevin to either pressure Matt or take care of this themselves. I had said that I wanted this resolved by the weekend but I guess that won't happen now.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
This is called the information age for a reason, buinesses live or die according to experiences relayed on a forum. I have read all of this and understand both sides as well, though I do think portions were handled poorly and with ego in mind in both cases.
I do however believe Steve is due a refund and a stock blower without question. It was ported in an unproven manner and $400 worth of preofessional labor (only) shouldn't be based on guesses. We shouldn't give our money to parts vendors or laborers and "hope" we'll make more power....I believe Steve when he said he looked at all other reasons why the car may not make what it should. And from a business standpoint Soap has cost themselves far more than $400 in unfavorable press, right here, right now by this becoming such an issue. It is also the age of "customer service" but at the end of the day, Steve would have a stock blower, but be out $400 plus time, gaskets, aggravation, etc. Please tell me how that's fair? Or how anyone is being unreasonable by wanting to receive what they paid for?
Sales of a ported blower "service" are based on power gains, why else would anyone do it? If gains aren't there, then he didn't get what he paid for. Black & White, Pure & Simple. Give the man his money and a blower and save face while you can.

CobraBri

Established Member
honestly, why you would muddle the results of your ported blower dyno with "dyno tricks" is beyond me...no offense, but this is clearly not a bulletproof indictment of the blower port. Like I said earlier, you A/F curve indicates a functional blower port to me as it stays lean above 5500-5700 rpm, while the non-ported A/F richens up. You also don't have the dramatic drop-off in power up top with the ported-blower. However, because you changed the conditions of the dyno session with ice etc, it's very hard to tell EXACTLY what is going on. :shrug: Don't get me wrong, if I were you, I would NOT be happy either, but I honestly would be suspect of my tune if I were you because it looks too lean all the way through the RPM range. I also would wonder about my clutch robbing the power....

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
I say resend a more mild ported blower that will produce some type of gain.

It's hard running a buisness and dealing w/ angry customers non stop with limited help.

I wouldn't bash right away b/c of lack of quick reply's.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Admittedly, I know nothing about how Soap "learned" to port blowers, but from what little I've seen on the internet, it seams that they are learning on customers blowers, while Apten did all their Research and Development before taking customer's orders. That may not be accurate, but it is what it seems like, with all the different port styles we are seeing in these pictures, and the few customers we have here saying they aren't seeing the gains.

I understand that $400 is a lot for a college student...its a lot for me too, but I am not sure that legally you are "entitled" to that money back. There is just no way a company can guarantee gains on anything in the aftermarket...there are so damn many variables and differences from car to car. I would say that a company that offered to refund your money, and replace your blower would be well beyond the typical customer service in the industry. I would say that kind of offer to rectify the situation would be OUTSTANDING customer service, that would warrant people giving them business based on that alone.

I think the offer they are giving you is on par with the decent customer service in the industry. Many places with poor customer service would offer you nothing, and say, "go ahead and TRY to take me to court." Fact of the matter is, you probably would lose that court case. Taking a $400 hit is hard to swallow, however, and I feel bad that it happened to someone just to learn that Apten is the place to go for porting your blower. That knowledge gained has definitely benefited those on this forum, thinking about porting their blowers, though. It says to everyone, "go with the proven industry leader, and leave the other companies to experiment on someone elses blower."

Let us know how this turns out for ya and I hope for the best. Good Luck and again, sorry about your bad luck.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Thanks for the post stevenscamaross and I think i'll stick with the apten port job. Good info and sorry to hear about your issues your haveing and I hope my car does'nt have the same. And I don't think your bashing anyone just letting your fellow stangers know what happened.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Technically Joe is right, they dont owe you $400 back. That was their charge for porting your Eaton, gains or no gains.
hj16 - come on man, how can you say that now? I understand that technically you are correct, there is no garuntee. Legally, steven is stuck with it. But, the reason people are very unhappy that they did not gain any power is because when you first started telling people about the soap porting, you were claiming better numbers then apten. Remember this thread? You guys had some really confident claims. Saying it was tested againt apten and was making 7hp more then apten.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85064&highlight=more+then+apten

*** Buddy I know = much better than Apten or Razors, much cheaper too. Picked up 44rwhp/10rwtq with no tuning. ***

This is the reason why people are posting there bad results. Because at the beginning, you guys were claiming better HP numbers than apten at a much lower cost. So you guys put yourself in this position. You can't go back and say "well we never garunteed anything". Then you should have never claimed 40+rwhp in the beginning.

Please don't take this personally, I am just trying to show you why people are aggrivated.

Last edited:

Soap

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
you were claiming better numbers then apten. Remember this thread? You guys had some really confident claims. Saying it was tested againt apten and was making 7hp more then apten.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85064&highlight=more+then+apten

This is the reason why people are posting there bad results. Because at the beginning, you guys were claiming better HP numbers than apten at a much lower cost. So you guys put yourself in this position. You can't go back and say "well we never garunteed anything". Then you should have never claimed 40+rwhp in the beginning.

Please don't take this personally, I am just trying to show you why people are aggrivated.

Nothing taken personally at all.......

I never claimed anything........there is no post where I claimed 40+ hp. Yes we reported an Apten blower and the customer posted the results. If there is one person on any board who's dyno numbers I would stand by it is HIGH ROLLER.........he is an admitted dyno queen.

If you saw the bottom of HIGH ROLLERS blower you would be in shock......it almost looks like an X-71 blower.......it is substantially larger than Steve's port........but that is what he wanted us to do. Which again still makes it hard to believe that the port alone is responsible for minimal gains.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84849

--Joe

Last edited:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBri
honestly, why you would muddle the results of your ported blower dyno with "dyno tricks" is beyond me...no offense, but this is clearly not a bulletproof indictment of the blower port. Like I said earlier, you A/F curve indicates a functional blower port to me as it stays lean above 5500-5700 rpm, while the non-ported A/F richens up. You also don't have the dramatic drop-off in power up top with the ported-blower. However, because you changed the conditions of the dyno session with ice etc, it's very hard to tell EXACTLY what is going on. :shrug: Don't get me wrong, if I were you, I would NOT be happy either, but I honestly would be suspect of my tune if I were you because it looks too lean all the way through the RPM range. I also would wonder about my clutch robbing the power....

I care more about real world happenings than dyno numbers. Only staying side by side with a stock exhaust apten vert with 2 people in the car and the top down showed me something was up. I went to the dyno because of this and found out I am down on power.

Soap, I went out on a limb and sent my blower to you. I tried to only scew the results in favor of this blower on the dyno. Can you imagine the numbers if the car would have been heatsoaked on the dyno like my frist time?

You've got to be kidding me right? You'd actually take this to court? Spend even more money over a $400 port job, because you didnt see good gains? Its a risk you take when having something done. YOU make the gamble. 99% of companies dont guarantee anything. They dont technically have to do ANYTHING for you.

Do me a favor and put yourself in my situation. You spend $400+shipping and you take your car to the dyno and lose power. What would you do? :rollseyes It is like throwing your money in the street. I realize you guys are all friends, but if he took your money and you made no power, would you not want it back?

Last edited:

46stang

Established Member
Well i just wanted to say thanks for all this info. My blower is on it's way to Apten. I had considered other porters but i definately wouldn't want to deal with all the crap your dealing with! I personally wouldn't take someone to court over $400 but thats just me. i would be just as upset as you appear to be though! Maybe Soap can send you another ported blower to try as it seems this port design may not be 100% proven? Soap seems like a stand up guy from the posts i've seen, so hopefully this can get resolved asap! also it's kind of not cool to post PM's on the forums. as thats why they are PM's. jmho. good luck and hope it all works out.
Leon

trey193

Established Member
I agree, its hard for me to beleive the port is responsible for everything, there are alot of variables to consider. Joe and Kevin are very easy to get along with no reason why this has come this far. Hope everything works out for all involved

Jeff_Jeske

Established Member
I still wonder why there are soo many differences in port jobs. Can you explain that? How did you test for gains with the different port designs?

I still see damaged blades due to too much material removed. For that reason alone the blower will need to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread