Soap Ported Blower Results (What you have all been waiting for!) Long!!

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by stevenscamaross
Soap is helping me take care of this. Thanks for all the replies guys. :beer:

Joe and Kevin are both stand up guys...

I knew they would take care of you :rockon:

Originally posted by dougwg
Joe and Kevin are both stand up guys...

I knew they would take care of you :rockon:

Still waiting here. You'd think I'd be top priority being that I LOST 34 hp, and have been patiently waiting for 2 months now as I was instructed to check everything under the sun except the blower itself. Albeit that I haven't demanded anything, until now. I WANT MY $400 REFUNDED, AND A REPLACEMENT BLOWER COMPARABLE TO MY ORIGINAL 1800 MILE UNIT. THANK YOU.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I think people are too hung up on peak hp. peak hp doesnt mean spit. Its what hp/tq can you maintain throughout the rpm range.

my port on my car didnt do much for the peak hp but what it did do was increase my hp where it use to fall off, now it falls off about 20 hp less and maintains that increase for 3000 rpm's.

sure peak power didnt change but I can tell you that higher horsepower that is now maintained througout the rest of the range did a lot more then if it has just bumped my peak number up.

now where my car (which does about 460-480 peak) use to do 350 it now does 375, where it use to do 375 it now does 395, you follow? makes a big difference throughout each shift.

the angle of the falloff is more straight across now instead of the big drop that a stock eaton would do.

just something to put things into perspective.

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by BuffDigits
I think people are too hung up on peak hp. peak hp doesnt mean spit. Its what hp/tq can you maintain throughout the rpm range.

my port on my car didnt do much for the peak hp but what it did do was increase my hp where it use to fall off, now it falls off about 20 hp less and maintains that increase for 3000 rpm's.

sure peak power didnt change but I can tell you that higher horsepower that is now maintained througout the rest of the range did a lot more then if it has just bumped my peak number up.

now where my car (which does about 460-480 peak) use to do 350 it now does 375, where it use to do 375 it now does 395, you follow? makes a big difference throughout each shift.

the angle of the falloff is more straight across now instead of the big drop that a stock eaton would do.

just something to put things into perspective.

Yea, but when most people are seeing 30 rwhp+ gains throughout the entire range and hitting 500 max then something is wrong if I am losing tq and losing hp low and gaining hp up through the mid range but making the same max number.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
buff - normally you would be correct. But did you even look at the dyno graphs posted? A before and after graph was overlayed, and there is almost no change anywhere on the graph. Not only should you gain power under the curve, with a proper port it has been proven that you should gain 30+ peak rwhp.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
well there could be a problem there, I dont agree that most people are getting 500 with a port, a few are but not everyone.

although it does seem that the average port can net about 30rwhp even that is more of an average then the standard.

granted something is wrong with yours, would be interesting to keep the car exactly how you have it now and only put an apten ported blower on it and rerun the dyno with nothing else changed to do a fair comparison.

In my case I didnt get 30rwhp either, not even close, but I picked up a lot of higher rpm torque and hp which makes the car quicker and certainly feels a bit stronger. leaned out my low end and lowered the torque at the low end which appears to be common.

Ill need a new tune to probably really decide whether my port meets the average or not.

I wish you guys he best, always sucks to get your expectations blasted apart.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I see what you mean man. I wasn't trying to argue with ya :thumbsup: Fortunately, I got my blower ported by Apten, I did not need a re-tune and I gained 30rwhp and I gained hp under the curve. But onelfaslride is the one who had trouble.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
This is the reason why people are posting there bad results. Because at the beginning, you guys were claiming better HP numbers than apten at a much lower cost. So you guys put yourself in this position. You can't go back and say "well we never garunteed anything". Then you should have never claimed 40+rwhp in the beginning.
On THAT particular car, the port job picked up that amount of power. Both HIGH ROLLER and BLWN03 had tremendous gains with this port work, at the time they were the only two documented 2003 Cobra port jobd from Joe and Kevin. I never said everyone will see 40rwhp gains, I simply stated what one person's gains were. I know I wont get 40rwhp out of my port job....am I mad? Hell no, If it only makes 5rwhp...will I be mad? No, I knew that every car responses differently, and nothing is for sertain with port jobs. I know of a few Apten cars that only gained around 10rwhp and 0rwtq. There isnt one perfect port job for everyone.

And dont think Im some some guy who got a free porting, I paid what everyone else has, Im just sticking up for common sense

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Admittedly, I know nothing about how Soap "learned" to port blowers, but from what little I've seen on the internet, it seams that they are learning on customers blowers, while Apten did all their Research and Development before taking customer's orders.
Dont fool yourself, Apten tested different designs on customers cars as well. At one time I remeber hearing of at least three different styles floating around....but this was back in the hush hush days of posting ported blower pics...wonder why:rollseyes

hj16

Established Member
Do me a favor and put yourself in my situation. You spend $400+shipping and you take your car to the dyno and lose power. What would you do? :rollseyes It is like throwing your money in the street. I realize you guys are all friends, but if he took your money and you made no power, would you not want it back?
Hmmm, Ive spent $400 for the port job, $40 for gas to dropoff and pickup my blower, $170 for Focus Pumps, $15 for new plugs, $500 for a dyno tune, and $50 to redyno at my usual dyno.

Hmm, $1175 for what ??rwhp.... ****, I dont even know yet! It is like throwing your money in the street, am I bitching all over the internet because its costing me money and I havent seen anything yet? No.

BTW - I "know" Joe and Kevin, the same way you know them, I doubt I am more than a customer in their eyes. And yes, who wouldnt like it back, but some people are trying to make a living, and cant be handing out blowers and $$$ to everyone who didnt get what they expected.

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
I just wanted to say thanks for all the great info guys. Also thanks for the post ( stevencamaross ) and taking the time do post it. I was looking into also doing the port job but I have decided to leave it alone now. If in the future I have to have more HP I will call KB and go that way. I will stay with my moddest 441 rwhp and 461 torq for now. Thanks again everyone for the great info. Ken
Best of luck stevencamaross

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Maybe you should have Joe or Kevin port another blower acording to what they did for me or High roller...just a thought!

might be a easy solution for both parties involved...

Jay

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Hmmm, Ive spent $400 for the port job, $40 for gas to dropoff and pickup my blower, $170 for Focus Pumps, $15 for new plugs, $500 for a dyno tune, and $50 to redyno at my usual dyno.

Hmm, $1175 for what ??rwhp.... ****, I dont even know yet! It is like throwing your money in the street, am I bitching all over the internet because its costing me money and I havent seen anything yet? No.

BTW - I "know" Joe and Kevin, the same way you know them, I doubt I am more than a customer in their eyes. And yes, who wouldnt like it back, but some people are trying to make a living, and cant be handing out blowers and $$$ to everyone who didnt get what they expected.

Bitching all over the internet? I never thought that stating the results was such a bad thing. I'm not the only one having a problem with this port, doesn't that throw up a red flag?

here

I made no power and want a refund, problem is? I guess if you buy a port that shows worse gains than you had before you bought it after someone, you, states that it picks up power over the Apten blah blah than I should be happy, right?

And for saying... blah blah not everyone picks up 30 rwhp with porting... this is right from Brian's mouth even though I don't have an Apten, mine is supposed to be superior...

"We've picked up at least 30+ RWHP on every car we have done here, regardless of where the baseline was."

Well my porting was supposed to be "better" porting in your eyes from this post here so where are my gains? Maybe you should look at my overlayed graph again.

As for the comment about "some people are trying to make a living" I full work fulltime and goto school full time. :shrug: Can you see why I don't want to throw my money in the street for nothing?

Steven

hj16

Established Member
And for saying... blah blah not everyone picks up 30 rwhp with porting... this is right from Brian's mouth even though I don't have an Apten, mine is supposed to be superior...

"We've picked up at least 30+ RWHP on every car we have done here, regardless of where the baseline was."
so where are my gains? Maybe you should look at my overlayed graph again.
To the first statemement, someone Ive met only picked up 14rwhp from his Apten, and I think he actually lost TQ too.

To the second statement,......6000+

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
To the first statemement, someone Ive met only picked up 14rwhp from his Apten, and I think he actually lost TQ too.

To the second statement,......6000+

Look at the lower RPM's, I lost power till 3900 then I gained like 1 - 2 hp from 3900 till the end.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
no to be sarcastic. What happens when you put a stock blower back on your car and it makes even less or the same?

Im in the same shoes as you sorta, my car dyno'd 503 and some change back in Feb, I went back in begining of May to do some n20 pulls and the car was making 470whp on the blower, down 30whp from my previous pulls. I looked some stuff over and chalked it up as a dyno mistake. I went to the track and verified my results, car runs better plain and simple, the #'s arent earth shattering but it was an improvement over last year.

Whats keeping me from saying if I didnt do the pulls back in Feb that the APTEN didnt help my car?

Last edited:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
no to be sarcastic. What happens when you put a stock blower back on your car and it makes even less or the same?

Im in the same shoes as you sorta, my car dyno'd 503 and some change back in Feb, I went back in begining of May to do some n20 pulls and the car was making 470whp on the blower, down 30whp from my previous pulls. I looked some stuff over and chalked it up as a dyno mistake. I went to the track and verified my results, car runs better plain and simple, the #'s arent earth shattering but it was an improvement over last year.

Whats keeping me from saying if I didnt do the pulls back in Feb that the APTEN didnt help my car?

I could have sworen that your problem was caused by using straight 107 octane with a 91 octane tune? :read:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I could have sworen that your problem was caused by using straight 107 octane with a 91 octane tune? :read:

it was possible but I never could prove it, I had friends dyno and the same deal happened to them, although they hadnt changed anything.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
I can understand both sides, but the reason for porting it to make more power. He didnt deliver so I say you should get a refund and a stock eaton.

Absolutely. This post is going to appear at the end of the thread but I'm only halfway through with the reading.

He's trying hard to keep from losing the money, because by sending you a stock Eaton it's literally somebody else's, therefore he's going to be one down in his supply until he can get one from somewhere else.

Also, if things didn't work out the way he said they did, if he's honest he should make remedy to at least put things back where they started...i.e. refund plus making your car the same before his port work, which is an untouched Eaton. I don't see any problem with that, but since he's selling performance parts there are those which will say he's being nice by sending you a stock blower back.

Like I said, this may be an old issue since I'm only halfway through the thread right now...hope things get worked out to your satisfaction.

EDIT: Looks like SOAP is taking care of you, so it's a dead issue. Good deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread