"Sold" my car but worried this could be a scam

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I was about to tell you this was a big scam but it looks like you figured it out already. Another big thing to look for is when someone refers to what they purchase as "item". its a scam. LAst time i had one ofthe same type of scammers tryin to sam me i said "please sent nude pictures of your wife soi know who im dealing with". i got the response " ok it seems like the item is in good condition". i was like wtf

Last edited:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Yeah.. I wasn't fully aware of the Western Union scam until i started this thread and also started doing some research... that is what put up the red flag in this creep's email to me once i got the funds... just seemed shady.

musclefan21

Established Member
western union? SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do it the secure way. wait a week or 2 after the check clears. sometimes checks clears and then a week later it bounces and you are screwed!

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
:beer: It's all good fellas... the scam was thwarted and reported to whom it needed to be... I would never use western union now for anything whatsoever and when i do sell my car every safe precaution will be addressed to the fullest.. you can bet your ass on that ! :-D

logan_yomtov

Established Member
dude. ITS A SCAM! trust me!

this one time i was selling this thing and i got an email and this guy sent me a cashiers check for more than i was asking because he thought i was cool and i said ok cool and then i deposited the check and it cleared and i sent him the item and then two weeks later the bank took the money back out of my account because it was a bad check and i was sad.

j/k.

good thing you asked. glad it all worked out.

n2o-89fox

Established Member
its a scam so what, the check says its from wells fargo go there and CASH IT. No waiting they will tell you if it is funded or not and if it isnt and they cash it to you thats there bad not yours.

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
its a scam so what, the check says its from wells fargo go there and CASH IT. No waiting they will tell you if it is funded or not and if it isnt and they cash it to you thats there bad not yours.

No can do... The guy on the check did not write it... his account information was stolen... someone from wells fargo called the person on the check to verify and found this out... check was 100% phoney.

Users who are viewing this thread