Sold my car...

Sirl

Established Member
Sooo,
After my trailer got stolen, it was going to be much more difficult getting to the farther tracks from me.
Not interested in renting a Uhaul trailer and a truck...
As hard as it was, I decided to sell my car. Also, having no back seat, a/c, it wasnt fun for the family any more.

So, I decided to take a step back and get something more streetable. I found this car, and picking it up today!! 07 GT/CS

The motor has full bolt ons, cams, headers, etc etc. 65k miles,
Suspension is bone stock, which is perfect for now.
I can enjoy a car with my family again, and keep instructing and doing track days.

IMG_1020.gif

IMG_1022.jpg

First event will be with Track Guys at Sebring,
Hope to see some of you there.

Sirl

Established Member
I already ordered SS brake lines, just want to have some level of braking for now.

I see there are several Brake cooling kits, is there one that is better for any reason? where it aims the air?

Second, I plan on running the stock calipers for a while, I see Hawk makes DTC70's for the stock calipers,
Does anyone have any "Track Pads" for stock calipers that they wouldnt mind parting with?

Probably just use street tires, at least for Sebring as well.

Thanks,

darreng505

Established Member
Dtc70's are a race pad designed for high grip and very high temps. They will chew through rotors but they are awesome no doubt. Unless you are really hammering 10/10's and going for lap records id consider a more practical pad in their lineup.

Theres no significant difference in cooling duct kits in terms of performance they all have the same design.

Nice car though. Dual use track and family. Who'd a thought!

Sirl

Established Member
Well, my old car starated out that way.. but you know ho wit goes...
Time, money, and before long... Track Car!!

I've used HPS, HP+, 70's, Not of fan of the lower pads, but we'll see.. Cooling first.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Nice buy! You can modify the front bumper to add in brake cooling ducts... I'm trying to find the link to them.

Edit: according to Team Shelby they are making a improved version but no ETA set for them. :whine:

Last edited:

NGO

Established Member
I already ordered SS brake lines, just want to have some level of braking for now.

I see there are several Brake cooling kits, is there one that is better for any reason? where it aims the air?

Second, I plan on running the stock calipers for a while, I see Hawk makes DTC70's for the stock calipers,
Does anyone have any "Track Pads" for stock calipers that they wouldnt mind parting with?

Probably just use street tires, at least for Sebring as well.

Thanks,

Love the color and the wheels. It's going to be fun to learn a new car. I went through a set of HPS (boiled the fluid last session due to lack of pad) in a weekend then switched to DTC-70 and brake ducts (warped factory rotors with 27,000 after 4 sessions). So it's pick your posion but I sure love the instant stopping power of those DTC-70s.

Link to vendor and pic...

Directs the air to the hub. Bit of a bitch to route the hose due to the flange angle. http://www.lapponline.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=78_79_80_85

1e63ab7a-f58d-48d0-9254-8f6efc16f285_zps28873f64.jpg

Last edited:

Sirl

Established Member
I've run DTC70 / 60 on my 2000, great combo.

Been doing some research, and I found a kit that specific to the GT/CS, but its pricey. Agent 47 make these...
http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/brakecooling.html#

and scoops as a direct replacement for the grill inserts.
http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/shelbyscoops.html#

Its all pretty pricey, but looks like a good clean kit.

NGO,
Just looked at your link, I was not familiar with them, and they sell just the spindle plate.
Probably go with that, and the Agent 47 scoops. I have my own ducting.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
You should pick up a pair of GT500 front Brembo calipers cheap. Just post that you want to buy in the GT500 brakes for sale forum and you'll get a ton of guys to respond. That will help a lot. I just transitioned to a different car myself and have DBA 5000 and 4000 rotors f/r, and dt60 f/ht-10 r pads with most of pad remaining. If you're at all interested in that to get started let me know. I'll give you a screaming deal.

wheelhopper

Established Member
^ I was thinking the same thing. If I bought an S197 Mustang one of the first things I would do is upgrade to the GT500 brakes.

You'll have to give us a low down on how you like the way the newer Mustang suspension design compares to the older style you have been used to. I have considered picking up an '05-'10 GT.

dmichaels

Established Member
Very nice, sorry about the trailer, that is terrible it was stolen. Enjoy the new car though

I don't have much experience with the Hawk pads, I run Pagids, and I'm not sure if they make anything for base GT brakes.

I'm sure you know the brake cooling is a must have for these cars, especially with base brakes.

jg61354

Established Member
Sooo,
After my trailer got stolen, it was going to be much more difficult getting to the farther tracks from me.
Not interested in renting a Uhaul trailer and a truck...
As hard as it was, I decided to sell my car. Also, having no back seat, a/c, it wasnt fun for the family any more.

So, I decided to take a step back and get something more streetable. I found this car, and picking it up today!! 07 GT/CS

The motor has full bolt ons, cams, headers, etc etc. 65k miles,
Suspension is bone stock, which is perfect for now.
I can enjoy a car with my family again, and keep instructing and doing track days.

IMG_1020.gif

IMG_1022.jpg

First event will be with Track Guys at Sebring,
Hope to see some of you there.
but your car will still be there and howling.

rjw1

Established Member
Just saw your "OLD" car Mitch, she's in good hands. Sounds great to!!

TT3 might be getting a few more Mustangs.......................

Sirl

Established Member
I've heard the rumors Eric.. :(
Eh, I'm glad. Not something I would have ever done on my own!

Cant wait to see her again!

5.0GT

Established Member
Does it have the same caliper as standard 2011? I'll sell you my Carbotech RP2. Never had brake fad with them, they're awesome. Finally going with Brembos :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread