sold my cobra bought a mach, what are the differences?

buckinwild

Established Member
nothing wrong with auto's just not for me :) so about the oil thing..any comments?

Yeah we have dipstick level issues also, I usually do 6 1/2 quarts, most agree not to fill all the way to max however. Similar deal with tranny fluid level, there was a tsb put out that says to reduce its level from 3.6 or 3.8 "can't remember exactly" down to 3-3.25 quarts. Welcome fellow mach'r.

Mighty-d

Speed Matters
Established Member
^^^^^^^^^
great info, im thinking about buying a DSG 2003, Mach1 with a Vortech and cooler.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yeah we have dipstick level issues also, I usually do 6 1/2 quarts, most agree not to fill all the way to max however. Similar deal with tranny fluid level, there was a tsb put out that says to reduce its level from 3.6 or 3.8 "can't remember exactly" down to 3-3.25 quarts. Welcome fellow mach'r.

FWIW: the tranny fluid is s/b 3.0L.

:beer:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
What would you say about John Mihovetz(sp?) and his car pushing 52# of boost and making about 2000rwhp all while using a teksid block? Would you try that with the Mach 1 aluminum block? No you wouldn't.

But for 99% of street applications the Mach 1 aluminum will hold up to what ever you throw at it, as we have seen with linemup's 1000+rwhp Mach.

And EVO-lution didnt say the Mach block was sooooo weak, just that its weaker than the Teksid, which is a true statement.
About the block thing, has it ever been pushed to see if it's true, or is it just an urban legend that keeps getting perpetuated? I've seen my share of damaged Mach 1 blocks, but the block usually isn't the first point of failure, the rods and piston journals are. And I would imagine that a catastrophic rod failure in a Teksid block would probably put a hole in it too.

Last edited:

330mach1

Established Member
mine was because of cooling issues on one, fords bad assembling on the second, bad cooling system on the third with a dumb older brother driving the car,

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
the only diff from a 96-01 cobra same thing's the diff from the mach 1 is that
the mach has 10.1.0 Compresion and the cobra from 96-01 9.5.1 and the 03 04 Cobra
diff from mach1 is the hole bottom block,co 8.5. and ect ect ect ect

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
the mach has 10.1.0 Compresion and the cobra from 96-01 9.5.1 and the 03 04 Cobra

Engrish?:dw:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mine was because of cooling issues on one, fords bad assembling on the second, bad cooling system on the third with a dumb older brother driving the car,
:lol: That's funny.

Lol, meant to say L.:-D
:beer:

So, the H/C/I isn't different between the 96-98, 99-01, and 03-04? :shrug:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

:kaboom: :nonono:

Littered with fail.

buckinwild

Established Member
Ok buddy, happy hour is over early for you, you've had too much to drink already, Lol..:lol1:

BM1

Established Member
About the block thing, has it ever been pushed to see if it's true, or is it just an urban legend that keeps getting perpetuated? I've seen my share of damaged Mach 1 blocks, but the block usually isn't the first point of failure, the rods and piston journals are. And I would imagine that a catastrophic rod failure in a Teksid block would probably put a hole in it too.

It would trash a Teksid the same way. I've never actually seen anyone push a WAP or Teksid block to the point that the block fails before something in the rotating assembly does, so i don't see a real benefit of one over the other unless you're shooting for some 1,000+ HP race motor. Even so, I'd like to see some actual research of one block failing at a particular power level before another before calling one better than the other.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread