Sold the cobra and bought this

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Damn. I wish the Chevy dealerships had been carrying RCSB 5.3L Chevys that weren't work trucks when my dad was in the market. That looks sweet.

Seancass

HELLACIOUS
Established Member
you're going to love it when it's a 6.0. but if you have funds, throwing a turbo on wouldnt hurt either. you can look up vids of Parish and his quick lil truck, supposedly done on the cheap, at first.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
you're going to love it when it's a 6.0. but if you have funds, throwing a turbo on wouldnt hurt either. you can look up vids of Parish and his quick lil truck, supposedly done on the cheap, at first.

+1 parish's truck FTW!

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I was tired of wasting money on my cobra. It was a huge money pit. these trucks run awesome with a cam and 6.0. I know a guy running high 11's all motor with just a cam and 6.0 and another guy running 11.4's with heads.

The truck is nice, but since your referencing numbers of that truck with a 6.0 then you must have intentions of puting a 6.0 in it right? Doesnt that already make it a money pit? If you spent the money it takes to do a motor swap in the sn95 then it would have done better then mid 11's im sure. Oh well, nice truck though

Bullitt#918

I crave horsepower
Established Member
looks good, i dont know that i would have gone chevy, but i will admit that they have better motor s for sport trucks if you are gonna stay N/A

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
:shrug:

so you buy this... and throw how many thousands of dollars in mods on it? Please... do explain... lmao.

I had atleast 20k in the cobra already including broken parts. I can get a 6.0 cheap for around 800 dollars. I've had alot of sports cars before; Fox bodies, SN95's New Edge's, a Z06, F Bodies, and i've driven GTo's (LS2's), Vipers, etc. I just wanted something different. I cant tow a boat or jet ski's with the cobra. Im not bashing i love mustangs, I thought it was time for a change. I was thinking about getting a Lightning but my sister has one and i think they waste too much gas. IMO im happy with my truck.

CFRacer22

Established Member
there are some REALLY closed-minded people on this site, I don't think many of them know that a world exists outside of thier SVT product

clean truck man! nice stance and wheel choice. personally i like these trucks with painted front and rear bumpers and that center grille seperator, and I'd have to put an SS bumper on it...

03silveradoss_05.jpg

Last edited:

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
Thats what i plan on doing. I already talked to my friend at the dealer. Im going to order the official GM front and rear bumpers along with the cladding on the sides. But thats after i get some more performance. I want to make it look exactly like the SS trucks but a RCSB. I am looking into some SS wheels but 22's. They only make them in chrome so i am going to have to have them painted silver.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
I think outside of my svt product...i LOVE vipers and some other cars i just wouldnt sell a cobra for a silverado like that so ya an opinion is an opinion and we all gave ours

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Thats what i plan on doing. I already talked to my friend at the dealer. Im going to order the official GM front and rear bumpers along with the cladding on the sides. But thats after i get some more performance. I want to make it look exactly like the SS trucks but a RCSB. I am looking into some SS wheels but 22's. They only make them in chrome so i am going to have to have them painted silver.

Nooooo not 22's! :(

Put the 20's from the TBSS on there. :thumbsup:

TRIPLEBLK03

Established Member
i dont know what to say man! blown 98 cobra to a CHEVY truck, if u make it any kind of muscle truck it will be a pitt also forged bottom end,power adder, transmission, heads,cam,intake, tuning... ect! and after 110-120 mph aerodynamics kick in. makes u happy more power to u though

Users who are viewing this thread