Sold the cobra and bought this

blueovalfan

Established Member
My buddy had an 04 or 05 two wheel drive reg cab stepside with the 5.3 and ran the piss out of it for like three years and never had a problem. Pretty sharp trucks. We raced when I had my 2000 gt auto (mods-magnaflow catback,BBK cold air intake, Accufab plenum) he had an exhaust and I beat him pretty bad. Not bashing just giving a comparison.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
So let me get this straight..................You sold ur cobra to go 11's in that truck? I cold understand if u needed a work trucketc.... but to sell ur cobra to just be slower and have a reg looking truck sounds weird

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
its a nice truck but why :shrug:
the truck will be a money pit too, look what you have already done to it, and you know by modding a vehicle things go wrong

not a good move

02blackfoci

most of u have seen what a ls1 with a cam and bolt ons can do and then to top it off with a nice shot of spray! yeah believe it or not they do run quite well when done right well the same principal applies to this truck! it is just funny to read comments from some of the owners of sports cars that run 13.1's talkin about failing when u get ur ass busted by a truck

Typhoon

Established Member
Go lower, get cutting. I wanna see that thing on the ground. or atleast the lowest static drop possible.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Looks good.

As long as your happy.

My only advice, Don't think that anything modded and trying to run 11s won't become a money pit as you said the cobra was.

You will break stuff. lol

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
most of u have seen what a ls1 with a cam and bolt ons can do and then to top it off with a nice shot of spray! yeah believe it or not they do run quite well when done right well the same principal applies to this truck! it is just funny to read comments from some of the owners of sports cars that run 13.1's talkin about failing when u get ur ass busted by a truck

LOL this is true. Im already getting there. I just got my cam, springs, pushrods, LT's, O/R Y pipe. next week i should be getting my stall and gears.

92z28

Established Member
Sweet looking truck, I would love to have one just like that but in white. You should give me a ride in that beast the summer after next when I'm in the area for my wedding.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I would never get rid of a 98 procharged cobra for a truck, the only thing I would get rid of it for would be a 03/04.

Users who are viewing this thread