Some Appearance Changes To My 2011 Shelby GT500

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
I made a few changes to the GT500. Changes: Tinted side markers, tail lights, head lights & fogs, "traditional" Shelby stripes in electric blue, "black chrome" fake gas cap, SHELBY lettering & Cobra emblems with electric blue eyes.

Since I am a huge pic slut, here they are. :D

01-A.jpg

02-A.jpg

04-A.jpg

06-A.jpg

08-A.jpg

05-A.jpg

02-B.jpg

04-B.jpg

35.jpg

40.jpg

39.jpg

And just a few other random pics of the car...

10.jpg

19.jpg

17.jpg

41.jpg

Last edited:

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
That looks great! Howd you do the rear fake gas cap?
Thanks!!

We used the same material on the snakes, gas cap & SHELBY letters as what's on the lenses. It's basically an automotive clear heavily tinted with black, applied in several coats until it gets the desired darkness. The gas cap is actually two tones, with the snake & lettering looking almost black chrome while background is more black. The snake in the cap is a perfect match to the SHELBY letters on the deck lid, even though in photograph the letters look lighter.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So much win with those mods. I LOVE the Electric Blue stripes! Nicely done, and one of the best looking GT-500s I've ever seen. Question. Why the dealer plates?

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
Wow! MANY thanks guys! :D I really, really appreciate all of the kind words! For it to have been called one of the best looking ones from any of the guys here means a LOT, especially considering all of the amazing looking cars I see on this board all the time. Again, thanks to everyone!

Beast, yes, Jinina is still awesome with vinyl. But sadly, this was her retirement stripe job. She's had enough of doing that kind of work. Can't blame her I guess. She's been at it for a couple of decades.

OHTHREESVT, nah I don't really baby the car. But I don't beat on it all the time either. I reset the mileage calculator a while back and the car is only getting in-town driving time these days. I think it's in the 11-12 MPG range at the moment. Which isn't too terrible I don't think.

CobraBob, I am small dealer in Louisiana. But in this case, the Shelby was a car I bought for my personal use as opposed to it being just another piece for dealership inventory. That being said, the car has been technically for sale since I bought it last August.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I love me some blue/black GT500's. I hate seeing this because it makes me start thinking I should add blue stripes to mine.
The faux cap turned out great and the car looks awsome!

Users who are viewing this thread