Some Billet Pro Shop pron and soon to come all inclusive review

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
We'll start this out with the out of the box review and then go from there. I won't be heading out to the dyno for a new tune until I get my new Kooks O/R lead pipes, so this is gonna be a two (or maybe three) part review. Once I get the new lead pipes here, I'll run down to the shop and strap her in for a baseline to see what the TB/Plenum did on their own. Then I'll bolt in the new leads and let my boy play computer games to see what we can get out of it with new rules to follow. :rolling:
Hopefully shortly after that, I can get a descent night off to get her down Atco and see what the real important numbers say. As anyone that knows me will already know, this could take a while for all this to get done, but I will make every effort to get it done next week. My schedule is stupid.

Anyway enough bla, bla; more bling, bling!

Bidness end, and she's all bidness...
A055213F_zps8f918f3f.jpg

She gotta great ass too...
A6828917_zpsd05dcd9f.jpg

The guts, nuttin really that cool to look at, but I figured why not...
0CD901FB_zpsccac7498.jpg

Like a massive bong for my blower:p
739CAB30_zps4e06924d.jpg

The plenum is stupid big. I didn't even know it could be this big; it doesn't seem logical that there is this much room to be this much bigger and still fit.
331BE3E4_zpsee78faef.jpg

09F06B87_zpsee80ca39.jpg

E99379FD_zpsf66b8741.jpg

Here's the plenum bolted up to the blower. As you can see, it mates up almost perfectly. I'm sure I could have picked up a little bit more air flow by porting the inlet slightly to match the plenum perfectly, but I didn't feel like taking the blower off and I really don't think I'm moving enough air for it to matter. I'm not running a lower so the blower's not really working all that hard to begin with. If I do decide to go lower next season, I'll probably take the bower off and send it Blwn04SVTCobra for some porting (I'll probably do this regardless as it was supposed to be done this season).

05142A2C_zps08e54319.jpg

04ADFABB_zps1803850e.jpg

On a side note, I found out what was keeping from getting into the 10's last year... Seems I sucked up a small child when I put the BPS 2.39 upper on last year. Now that I cleared that mess out of there, 10's on 20's is a no brainer! ;-)
6CAB72CB_zps97181527.jpg

I'll update this bad boy as soon as I get the lead pipes and get on the rollers. Hopefully early next week!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Alright folks the results are in!
All pulls made on 93 octane pump fuel.

Old numbers with FRPP 65mm TB, Trinity TVS with stock plenum, BPS 2.39 upper, Kooks long tunes and catted H and JLT 123mm intake. 666/652

Road right off the street and into the dyno cell for a baseline and the ONLY difference was the BPS 73mm TB and plenum. No tune changes, no other performance changes; same dyno, same dyno operator and relatively similar weather conditions. 695/675!
I couldn't remember whether the hood was up or down when I logged the 666/652 so we took a back to back run, the second being with the hood down. After barely any cool down from the first pull (enough time to close the hood, reload the data logging software and tighten the straps) we followed it up with a 677/663.

After that pull I threw the car up on the lift and swapped the lead pipes from
catted to O/R and changed the fuel filter. After that, we went back to work on the dyno. The final pull was 720/690 with the hood down and a hero pull of 740/698 hood up and max safe timing.

Needles to say, I'm VERY HAPPY with this TB and even more so with the final tune by Matt Hill. Hopefully the 3rd phase of this review, track numbers will be following soon!

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I didn't get my lead pipes today (at least not by 2:00 when I left for work) so I'm praying they get here on Monday. If they do, I'll try to get down to the shop for a spin ASAP. If they don't come by Tuesday I could be in for a long wait as my schedule isn't looking good through mid / late May. I have a small window to operate in here, crossing my fingers!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Another user of the gigantic combo ! I know I am loving mines. Interested to see what your numbers look like. Trying to get a apt next week t jump on the Mustang Dyno.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Alright folks the results are in!
All pulls made on 93 octane pump fuel.

Old numbers with FRPP 65mm TB, Trinity TVS with stock plenum, BPS 2.39 upper, Kooks long tunes and catted H and JLT 123mm intake. 666/652

Road right off the street and into the dyno cell for a baseline and the ONLY difference was the BPS 73mm TB and plenum. No tune changes, no other performance changes; same dyno, same dyno operator and relatively similar weather conditions. 695/675!
I couldn't remember whether the hood was up or down when I logged the 666/652 so we took a back to back run, the second being with the hood down. After barely any cool down from the first pull (enough time to close the hood, reload the data logging software and tighten the straps) we followed it up with a 677/663.

After that pull I threw the car up on the lift and swapped the lead pipes from
catted to O/R and changed the fuel filter. After that, we went back to work on the dyno. The final pull was 720/690 with the hood down and a hero pull of 740/698 hood up and max safe timing.

Needles to say, I'm VERY HAPPY with this TB and even more so with the final tune by Matt Hill. Hopefully the 3rd phase of this review, track numbers will be following soon!

Dam....Ok I need to get my butt to my real dyno guy to see my real results. We basically have the same mods. We basically had the same numbers with the old setups, difference being I had the VMP TVS and a 63.5 TB. Wow those are some nice gains and the way my car feels, I am pretty sure I am near or at your "off the street" numbers if not better. Man those are some nice gains for sure.

Good review on the parts. As I have said I know I am loving my setup :) Glad to see someone else getting these results as well.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Your welcome...lol. congrats Billy. Would love to see you make it to the may 19 rental

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
nice gains

any flow numbers on the BPS 73MM vs. other big TBs? Monoblades?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
nice gains

any flow numbers on the BPS 73MM vs. other big TBs? Monoblades?
bps flows about 2230CFM ... cobra jet super mono flows about 2100. L&M 72mm flows 2100 CFM...l&m 66 flows 1900 cfm ...cj 65 flows about 1700

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Negative, no lower. I run a 2.39 BPS upper and I'm not sure what the peak boost was this time around. I didn't log it on the dyno and the factory gauge was burried. If I had to guess, probably around 17 PSI.

Users who are viewing this thread