some ppl on ebay are just stupid

kingcobra9450

Established Member
I sold my new exhaust on ebay for a loss which i didnt care as long as got most of my money back. So I sent it out about a week ago and I got an email last night from the guy saying he wanted 85 dollars back of the 275 he paid me. Guess what his reasoning was?? The shop he took it to charged him 85 bucks in modifications.... Seriously?? come on I have never paid the same amount that was estimated for anything car related. Now when I tell him that I'm not gonna give him sh!t I'll get negative feedback, how stupid is this, or is it just me??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sucks! And because of eBay's infinitely stupid decision to revise their feedback rules for sellers, you cannot leave a buyer a negative feedback no matter what. But, a buyer can basically blackmail you like this and if you don't comply you get a negative feedback. I so hate eBay at times like this.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Keep track of all the e-mails that you get from the guy. He should be aware of what he is buying and if it will work for his application. Did you note this in the auction? Get in touch with eBay if he wants to escalate it, their Customer Service is pretty good.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
That sucks! And because of eBay's infinitely stupid decision to revise their feedback rules for sellers, you cannot leave a buyer a negative feedback no matter what. But, a buyer can basically blackmail you like this and if you don't comply you get a negative feedback. I so hate eBay at times like this.

Wow you really can't leave a buyer neg feedback? WTH is the point of the feedback system at that point? It's useless now.

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
ebay's a joke!
a guy TRASHED us in our feedback AFTER he was refunded IN FULL (after f**king up very simple payment intrusctions)
i contacted ebay 5 times - no response.
and no - you cannot leave feedback as a seller.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member

Yeah I can't believe ebay did this. Gives the seller no rights of protection. Half the reason why I don't sell anything much on there any more.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
was the exhaust exactly the same way as if he would have bought a brand new one, would a brand new one also need modifications to fit and if not was it mentioned in the auction.

I sell on eBay also because the exposure is unmatched and for the most part if you're not a dickhead in your responses people will not leave negative feedback, just reason with the guy.

kingcobra9450

Established Member
The exhaust was brand new. It was bought from a online store. I'm gonna be nice with my first response when i tell him theres no way for him to get his money back but after that ill just accept it if he gives my bad feedback, i have 100% anyway it just pisses me off that people dont understand what they are doing and try to make me pay for their stupidity.

straightliner1

Established Member
Tell him if he's not happy with his purchase to return it UNUSED. When he replies "it's installed" - tell him "tough $h*t", should have found a better muffler shop or done the install himself.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Tell him if he's not happy with his purchase to return it UNUSED. When he replies "it's installed" - tell him "tough *t", should have found a better muffler shop or done the install himself.
yep, being a prick will definitely result in positive feedback

TexRob

Established Member
Unless you gave him some sort of Guarantee that no Modifications would be Needed (which I am sure you didn't) I would tell him to Pound Sand!

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
wow.. yea i used to sell on ebay all the time.. but not so much now.. It's just getting ridiculous on there... craigslist and kijiji have worked great for me thus far and it's free.. Ebay's fees just keep going up..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
wft kind of modifications were needed?

tell him to get pics of said modifications then fight them if they were unnecessary. if its a bolt on catback, theres no reason a muffler shop's modifications were required. then if he gets a list, pass it by the manufacturer and have them get a letter stating the modifications were unnecessary for their item. then tell buyer to pound sand.

if buyer cant come up with a list/pics of modifications, tell him to pound sand anyways, as he is gonna leave neg feedback no matter what. close your pp account like today and be done.

Juruense

Banned
Tell him if he's not happy with his purchase to return it UNUSED. When he replies "it's installed" - tell him "tough *t".
That is what I do: no refunds without returns and buyer pays the shipping back unless it is clearly my screwup

The crazy thing is people admit they are using the item even though it is somehow "wrong" and want their money back without returning it! :bored:

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I really wish Google would start an online auction that will drive eBay & Paypal 6 feet under. They already have their Google Check-out so you would think an online auction would be next. I remember waay back when eBay was awesome but since then it's gone down hill for sure. I don't know what they were smoking to come up with the idea to eliminate negative feedback for buyers. :bash:

Come on Google. start an auction!!!

Users who are viewing this thread