someone tried to steal my car.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I bought an abandoned 01 cobra , had no keys .
Called the dealer here , gave them the Vin . And they cut me a key .
I then towed the car on my dolly with my ranger , to the dealer , they flashed the key and computer .

Total cost was 45.00 .
You guys make too much out of the pats , a d obviously have not been to your dealer to have the work done .
It takes 10 minutes to flash , and 5 to cut the key .

He'll OP, you could tape the original key , inside the column covers , and still start the car with the new set of keys ........

Last edited:

Martin6107

Established Member
+1 for Rock Auto. Key swap is pretty straight forward. Any local locksmith can retumble the locks to you key.

94_Vert

Established Member
I then towed the car on my dolly with my ranger , to the dealer , they flashed the key and computer .

Total cost was 45.00 .
You guys make too much out of the pats , a d obviously have not been to your dealer to have the work done .

He'll OP, you could tape the original key , inside the column covers , and still start the car with the new set of keys ........

You have a nice dealer, mine quoted me 200 just to flash the pcm.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

Total cost was 45.00 .

I've installed remote starts for the last 15 years. I know more about pats than there is to know.. dealer here charges 1.0 hour labor for a flash

Users who are viewing this thread