Sonax Fallout Remover

zw470

Established Member
I always wanted to try a decon spray, and figured since i was already using their shampoo, quick detailer and Polymer Net Shield I might as well try their Fallout Remover. Seemed easy enough, spray it on, let it do it's thing then rinse it off. One thing I've read about with decon sprays is the smell. I've used their Full Effect wheel cleaner in the past, and the smell will haunt me for the rest of my life. Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner isn't nearly as bad, but nowhere near as wonderful-smelling as the rest of their line-up. Some of the reviews for the Fallout Cleaner said the smell was much better than others, so I was looking forward to that. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. This shit smells like 100% pure cat piss. I'm not exaggerating one tiny bit. Thankfully it worked and pulled a ton of junk out of my paint, but I doubt I'll use it again. If/when I want to do a spray-decon I'll pick up some Adam's DWC and use that instead.

D75D28B5-B89B-47B5-823C-154D418CD9DB_zpspywepwe1.gif

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the description doesnt exactly inspire me to use it but when would you use something like this? it is a lazy mans clay bar or what?

zw470

Established Member
Not really a clay replacement, but a clay supplement. The idea being you'd decon before you clay to get rid of most of the trash in your paint, allowing you to spend less time/effort claying thereby reducing the chances of marring your paint with the clay.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It's supposed to pull contaminates from deeper in the paint than a clay bar can get, IIRC. I have one from CarPro and it smells awful, too.

oldmodman

Established Member
They do the best job of removing iron contaminants like rail dust out of the paint of anything.

I generally will wash the car. Dry it. Spray it with your decontaminant of choice ( I use Iron-X), wash it again, Then use clay. The clay will remove any bonded contaminants like sap, pollen, and crud that doesn't wash off.

The best way to tell if you even have any bonded contaminants is to use the plastic bag test. After washing the car put a plastic bag over your hand and wipe it over the surface of the paint. If it feels bumpy and rough you have crud stuck to your paint that did not wash off. At this point you can try just claying a spot. Then try the decontaminant on another spot. Does the decontaminant leave purple spots where it has dissolved the iron? If it does you should continue doing the rest of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread