Sonic Blue powder coat

navyht

Established Member
Where can I get some? A buddy just bought all the stuff to powder coat, oven included and I want to do my valve covers. I live in Hawaii and can't find anything here. :shrug:

navyht

Established Member
Not sure. He did get a sprayer/gun, built his own oven and a sand blaster. I can get my stuff done for pretty much the cost of the powder if I can find it.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
contact one of the big powder coating companies here on the mainland and ask if they can mix it up for you and ship it out.

GodStang

Established Member
Sonic Blue Valve covers like this?

Josh4.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Eastwood carries all different powder colors, at least they used to...

navyht

Established Member
I geuss I should have been more specific. None of the suppliers I have looked at on-line list sonic blue. For those that have had theirs done what color is the closest match or did you have it made to match? Or did you just have a shop do it?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Dormant blue maybe??

Check out post #5 down on the page..

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1098886]The Powder Coat Picture Thread. - Corral Forums[/ame]

tins1.jpg

That is about as close as your going to get.

I have mine done Sonic Blue but the previous owner did it. Sorry man.

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
the best way is to get color charts form ALL the powder suppliers; there are at least 25 I could rattle off. They all as a matter of course send out 2 LB samples. 2 LBS paints a WHOLE BUNCH!!! I could easily spray 10 sets of valave covers with two pounds!!!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
You need to find a local place and look at their RAL color chart. Looking at mine, it looks like it would be something like the color 5017,5005, maybe 5019 or 5010. Hold the color chart next to your car, in the sun. If you want that metallic look then you can add it to your powder, but then you've got to clear it in powder too.

You can buy powder Here and you can get an RAL color chart from them for $10 too.

Edit: and yeah, 2 pounds will do a whole bunch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread