Soon to be Cobra owner here, Need some advise on this purchase

MugenCRX04

Established Member
Hi to all, im in the market for a cobra. This has been my dream car since they came out. Im finally in a good position financially to own one. Id like to get yalls advise on this cobra. Its local and it looks to be very well kept. Im really looking to get a sonic blue one but oxford white isnt bad. I talked to the seller and he is the 2nd owner. All the mods were done by the first owner. He told me he didnt get any paperwork from the first owner but has owned it for a little over 2 years.

Main things i wanna know is what i really need to look for when i go look at it. Also is $18500 a fair price for this?

2003 SVT Cobra Oxford Wht.

Thanks in advance guys!

Screamin_Blower

VMP Sales & Event Manager
Established Member
Love the color combo with the parchment suede. Got quite a bit of miles
I picked mine up for 17998 with 38500 miles stock blower and just bolt ons. Made 420 when I dynoed it after a tune by Justin @ VMP we made 505rwhp and it drives like it came from the factory no problems whatsoever. Saving up to get my VMP TVS to make 650rwhp. I had to drive 1200 miles to pick my car up well worth it! made a good trip out of it. Id offer the guy 17000 if it was me. Just my .02 cents lol good luck

Give us a call if you do get it do we can get the true potential out of it.

MugenCRX04

Established Member
jesus 650rwhp would be a beast. yeah, i offered him 17000 and he said he wouldn't take no less than 18000.

Screamin_Blower

VMP Sales & Event Manager
Established Member
Make him sweat Id offer cash 17500 and show up with 17250 or offer him and let him think about it. Or try to find one with less miles at the same or close to same price.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I'd walk, unless its unbelievably clean don't settle for it. Never let your emotions by a car, it will bite you in the ass. You already mentioned he has no paperwork what so ever on the car. I'd proceed with caution take your time looking at it. Make him work and show you he has nothing to hide and do a compression test. Every checks out, then you can talk.

Dragu1a

Established Member
i'm with TORCH3D, don't buy the 1st one you see. there are lots for sale, with lower miles.

MugenCRX04

Established Member
yeah i think thats my prob. I hear that supercharger whining and my wallet trys to find its way out of my pocket. lol I guess im going to look at it person and see how clean it really is. He told me he bought it 2 1/2 years ago and had only put like 4k miles on it. Thanks fot the input guys!

Dragu1a

Established Member
the sra is what would deter me the most. people do that swap and run the shit out of it...i wouldn't even go look at it. do yourself a favor and keep looking around.

the market section here is packed with terminators.

Last edited:

MugenCRX04

Established Member
yep sure did look it over, and yeah thanks BLU3VN0M for posting it. def a good site to look into. I guess i will take yalls advise and keep my options open. I found this dealer in VA called hi end auto. Ive heard a few good reviews on them. Anyone here bought or knows someone who bought a cobra from them? Only thing that deters me is that its a dealership and the extra $$$ for misc fees, tax, tag, and title.

Im looking at this one at the moment. I tried to get a direct link but couldn't. Its one of the 3 sonic blue ones that they have in their inventory. Stock #1678. Ive never bought a vehicle from a dealer.... Do yall think they could work out some kinda deal to where its like $22k out the door.

Hi-End Auto - Inventory

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
When looking for mine, I talked with the people at Hi-End. They started off selling muscle cars, and evolved into concetrating on Terminators.

They said if you gave them details of what you want they would look for that specifically.

As for the original car posted, it seems expensive for what it is, considering there's no documentation.

Keep looking, man. You don't want to buy something on impulse and see something you wish you had the next day.

Personally, I wanted something stock that I could make my own. That way I know it wasn't modded by some donkey who could have potentially screwed something up.

08mojo

Established Member
yep sure did look it over, and yeah thanks BLU3VN0M for posting it. def a good site to look into. I guess i will take yalls advise and keep my options open. I found this dealer in VA called hi end auto. Ive heard a few good reviews on them. Anyone here bought or knows someone who bought a cobra from them? Only thing that deters me is that its a dealership and the extra $$$ for misc fees, tax, tag, and title.

Im looking at this one at the moment. I tried to get a direct link but couldn't. Its one of the 3 sonic blue ones that they have in their inventory. Stock #1678. Ive never bought a vehicle from a dealer.... Do yall think they could work out some kinda deal to where its like $22k out the door.

Hi-End Auto - Inventory

PM sent. I have something you might be interested in.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That SB Cobra is priced a bit high for the mileage. Hi-End is a dealer (and a reputable one) so you're going to pay more then you would on a private sale. On a private sale, though, you either have to know the seller/car well, or check it out very carefully. As the car ages, we're seeing more reports of issues (minor and major) discovered after the sale. Some obviously a result of how heavily these cars are modded/raced by many owners. JMO.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Dont buy the 1st one you see. I went through like 8 and 20+ more dead ends and then came across mine and everything worked out perfectly. Aslo, many guys take mods off before they sell it. This car has a solid rear end aka drag racing. WALK

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Do not settle bud, I looked for hours daily for MONTHs to find mine.

Cosmomotorsonline.com
lamotorcars.com
texashotrides.com

They're very expensive in our area, but you travel west they get cheaper the farther you go. THR and LA have LOTS of them at one time.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with others for the most part. But I did buy the first one I seen and glad I did! Bought it in april 2010 with 20k miles for 19,500. Near all stock. Op you'll find a better deal, the price is high for the miles and it has a sra, which I wouldn't even go look at it after seeing that in the listing. Good luck!

blood

Established Member
Too much money IMO for 87k miles. I just picked up mine last weekend with 24k miles for 20,500$. With a kenne bell and all supporting mods. 604 rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread