soooo. my clock looses minutes. .. daily.

masterjr33

Established Member
the clock on my radio loses about 2-3 minutes a week. in a month im 10-15 minutes back and have to reset it.

anyone else have this? anyone else fix this.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
the clock on my radio loses about 2-3 minutes a week. in a month im 10-15 minutes back and have to reset it.

anyone else have this? anyone else fix this.

Yea mine does the same thing, a lot of these cars were know for this. I've never read about a fix for this, but I've heard of several others with this problem.

mrose75

Established Member
Clock is irresponsible, entering its teenaged years. Time to sit it down and have a discussion about personal responsibility. Will be doing this with my son in 2-3 years.

J/K. I've never heard of this. But I have an aftermarket head unit, no issue here.

cj428mach

Established Member
We have a loader at work that does this, I didn't know it was even possible on digital equipment.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
My car does the same thing with the stock head unit. I just figured it was from my car sitting. My car often sits for a few weeks without being started. After reading this maybe there is a problem inside the stock head unit. At first it bothered me but now I dont even bother adjusting the clock even when we adjust for daylights savings.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I'm a pilot and with the plane, when electronic equipment isn't acting right, our first solution is to switch power supplies (when on the ground). If the external power cart isn't putting out the correct juice, we switch to APU power and the problem is usually solved. So, how could this relate to our cars?... Is it possible that your battery or alternator is starting to go?

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I'm pretty sure its the head unit itself that is defective, because others have switched to an aftermarket unit with out any problems with keeping time.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Near the end my Cobra sat a lot but kept great time--most people use their cell phones anyway as a clock.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Do the stock head units have one of the flat batteries that holds the time while the car is off or is it just powered by the battery at all times?

Users who are viewing this thread