Southern Louisiana SVTs...

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I just recently moved to Mandeville for work, I'll be out here till October-ish. Wanted to see if any SVTs were around the area and looking to meet new people.

And yes Barry, I know you are in Baton Rouge.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I'm up for whenever....the SVTF is a wad of dirt these days from the jobsite (we are building a Kohl's store at the corner of 12 & 21 behind the La Quinta.

Good to hear about the car show....are you going to enter?? If you need help with anything let me know, I'm somewhat of a detailer. I also shoot some pretty good photos ;)

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I'm up for whenever....the SVTF is a wad of dirt these days from the jobsite (we are building a Kohl's store at the corner of 12 & 21 behind the La Quinta.

Good to hear about the car show....are you going to enter?? If you need help with anything let me know, I'm somewhat of a detailer. I also shoot some pretty good photos ;)

Its about time they start that project up again. I pass there everyday on the interstate.
Also a Academy being built I heard.

Good to know. I need a good wax on my car. Starting to show swirl marks. :bash:
I probably wont enter. Its kinda weird but I think they hand out awards to everyone who enters. So kinda dumb I think.
I will just go by and see all the cars. Then when leaving show off a little. :banana:
I would like to get photos done of car once all cleaned up. Just got windshield tinted and had to leave it outside last 2 days to dry.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Yep, Academy is going out for bid right now. My company was going to bid on it, but not sure if we are anymore. I can bring the PC and wax back here when I go home for at the end of the month....I can give you some references if you want as well (I've done a 2000 Cobra R, 2005 Ford GT, 2003 Terminator Vert, 1997 Cobra, 2004 Mach 1, as well as parent's and my own Cobra).

Sounds like a cool car show....well minus the awards to everyone, but maybe they don't get enough people to enter?? I know the one we host we have 1st-3rd for every class but sometimes we don't fill a class or even have one car in some so we have to get rid of the trophies some how.

I'm up for pictures anytime....and can provide pics of on-track events I've done in the past :-D

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yep, Academy is going out for bid right now. My company was going to bid on it, but not sure if we are anymore. I can bring the PC and wax back here when I go home for at the end of the month....I can give you some references if you want as well (I've done a 2000 Cobra R, 2005 Ford GT, 2003 Terminator Vert, 1997 Cobra, 2004 Mach 1, as well as parent's and my own Cobra).

Sounds like a cool car show....well minus the awards to everyone, but maybe they don't get enough people to enter?? I know the one we host we have 1st-3rd for every class but sometimes we don't fill a class or even have one car in some so we have to get rid of the trophies some how.

I'm up for pictures anytime....and can provide pics of on-track events I've done in the past :-D

Its a good show for the car dealer. They sold like 4-5 cars last time. Mostly 2010 Mustangs.
I would say maybe 50-60 cars last time. So def wasnt small. Just cant see sitting out there all day to get a trophy that really wasnt earned.

I assume you are in construction of some sort (masonary, electrican, framing)?
Im in construction as well. I do CCTV, home alarms, surround sound and tv installs. Things got slow for awhile building wise but have really taken off in last month or slow. For the longest time I was selling TVs and speakers more than I was wiring houses. So I would def say the economy around here is on a up trend.

There is a car show in Gulfport at the Outlet Mall this weekend. A bunch of guys are meeting at the Office Depot parking lot at like 7:30 to head out. Registration is 8-11. Show starts at 12 awards at 4. I probably wont go but figured I would tell you. If I get bored enough I may cruise out there.

Last edited:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I assume you are in construction of some sort (masonary, electrican, framing)?

There is a car show in Gulfport at the Outlet Mall this weekend. A bunch of guys are meeting at the Office Depot parking lot at like 7:30 to head out.
Yep, I work for the general contractor who is building the Kohl's store. I'm a Project Engineer....do all the invoicing, pay apps, contracts, scheduling, oversee constrution, etc.

thanks for the info on the car show, would be great to meet some local car guys but we're pouring our tilt-wall panels this weekend so I may not make it on Saturday. :(

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yep, I work for the general contractor who is building the Kohl's store. I'm a Project Engineer....do all the invoicing, pay apps, contracts, scheduling, oversee constrution, etc.

thanks for the info on the car show, would be great to meet some local car guys but we're pouring our tilt-wall panels this weekend so I may not make it on Saturday. :(

Ahh. Maybe I will ride out there and meet you. The new exit is so much fun. The twist and turns then a few striaght aways. Its a perfect track. Minus all the traffic on it now. :bored:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Ahh. Maybe I will ride out there and meet you. The new exit is so much fun. The twist and turns then a few striaght aways. Its a perfect track. Minus all the traffic on it now. :bored:

I agree. If you start at the La Quinta on 21, and follow the road past my job site, through the light and take the U-turn under 12 and then the entry ramp onto 12 East....it's a LOT of fun and you can carry a lot of speed :coolman:. It's what I look forward to at the end of my day. :-D

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
They have a big meet going on this sunday at the NOLA lake front. Usually a good turn out.

But then again......me and my friends are out there every sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread