Spanked a 08 WRX STI

16kOrBust

Established Member
No track numbers yet I just finished the exhaust a few weeks ago(still cold in ohio) I do plan to hit the track up this spring when they open and i will post numbers, but the car will probably be pullied and have a cai and a retune by then. He laughed about it really, we are good friends. We are going to run from a dig next.

Cool. That seems to be the issue: by the time people get around to going to the track, they've got a pulley on the car!

16kOrBust

Established Member
You should be able to pull on them since your car is lighter. Pulley doesnt really give it the power, its the chip that makes the power. Horsepower TV confirmed this when they tested it with an 03. Pulley only give's it like 10-15 whp. Exhaust and CAI Cobra's that I used to see where in the low to mid 12's (depending on the track too of course). Yeah but stupid of the STI owner wanting to do a rolling race instead of a dig (the only place where it's actually fast :lol1:)

I would have originally thought so, but with all of the full weight pullied Cobras I've seen lately trapping low 120s and dynoing 450-460, I'd be surprised if some non-pullied ones dynoing 410-420 weren't trapping around what I am. Obviously there aren't a ton of them out there getting off the line like I am and running 11.7s, but up top I would have thought it'd be a good run.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
In a side bar quoat in my car n driver I belive. I could be wrong, but I remember while I was takeing a shit, and read it, It stood out has hard to belive. I think they said the 1320 was a good tenth or so slower in the STi.

Read the same thing in Car & Driver and couldn't believe it.

They said the regular WRX had loads more low end torque for every day driving compared to the STI.

KILRSVT

Established Member
nice kill. i had a guy at my old job tell me that his honda ex with gsr swap would smoke me. i simply turn the car on and told him no to embarass himself and he actually listen to me. lol

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Nice!

My brother-in-law has an 06 sti with bolt ons and he keeps telling me he'll spank my KB Cobra. Some people never learn... :rolleyes:

He must be on some good drugs, then...what a tool

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Here's the quote from Car and Driver 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX - Short Take Road Test/Evo/WRX Zone/High Performance/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver

"And when we say "plenty," we mean it: the revised WRX now blasts to 60 mph from a standstill in an electrifying 4.7 seconds. That's 1.1 seconds quicker than the 2008 model—and get this—0.3 second quicker than we've managed in a WRX STI, the supposedly higher-performance version of the WRX. The fact that the WRX is now substantially quicker seems absolutely bonkers, but there are a couple of good explanations. First, the WRX STI weighs a hearty 180 pounds more than the base WRX, according to our scales. Second, the STI and its closer-ratio six-speed manual call for two shifts to 60, while the regular WRX's five speed hits 60 mph in second gear. By the time the pair travel a quarter-mile, the '09 WRX loses some ground, though; both cross the line at 102 mph, with the base Rex edging out the STI by just 0.1 second, 13.5 to 13.6." A stock wrx isn't a joke anymore.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I'm not really a fan of those cars... That and everyone that has one (that I've met) thinks they have gods gift to cars.

Turrry

is back in black
Established Member
As a former 05 Sti owner, I'm glad to see SOME respect in here for them...it's hard to hate on a car that cracks off a 8.5 1/8 and 13.2 1/4 bone stock on factory tires...

highway monsters they aren't though...

PaulVincent

Established Member
Car and Driver's statement, "that we've managed with and STi" is that and nothing more. Don't buy into C&D's nonsense; line 'em up and race 'em to find out the truth. Equal drivers (WRX and STi) means an STi win (and the longer the race, the more certain the win).

PaulVincent

Established Member
Disclosure #1: I have a 2008 STi. Disclosure #2: I'd rather have a Ford GT. Disclosure # 3: I'd also like to have a Shelby GT500, but I drive a minimum of 125 miles a day year around, and in northern IL, all wheel drive comes in handy. If the Focus RS had been available in America, I would have gotten that instead of the Sti; it wasn't and still isn't. Final disclosure: If I can get the right trade on a 2010 SHO, the STi will be history (I understand that a tune will take the SHO to 400hp).

Users who are viewing this thread