Spark Plug Question

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
what is the differance between NGK TR6 and the NGK Iridium ix plugs? Is one colder than the other depending on the gap? I am changing out my Stock Crank Pulley to a 10% OD and was wondering if my TR6 plugs will be fine or if i should try these iridium ix plugs.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Tr6 is a medium duty, copper plug. About $2. If you change them, frequently, they're fine. Not a full heat range colder than stock.

Tr7ix is a full range colder, will last a ton longer and isn't $2.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Tr6 is a medium duty, copper plug. About $2. If you change them, frequently, they're fine. Not a full heat range colder than stock.

Tr7ix is a full range colder, will last a ton longer and isn't $2.

How is the driveability of those plugs ? Day to day ? The Tr7ix ? I was speaking with someone at the track that was telling me I should go to this plug instead of the Tr6 for my car and whats done so far.

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
How is the driveability of those plugs ? Day to day ? The Tr7ix ? I was speaking with someone at the track that was telling me I should go to this plug instead of the Tr6 for my car and whats done so far.

I use TR7ix plugs on my DD and have tracked twice in the past year. Drivability is similar to stock plugs...no issues.

My main reason for choosing this spark plug was durability...I wanted to change plugs less frequently and get ones that would handle the additional wear on the track. Cost me about $90 via AM.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
VMP Tuning sells the Motorcraft 471 plugs, they are a full step colder and last alot longer than the TR6. Lots of people, including me, run those with no issues.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hmm Thanx for the info. I will probably go to one of these plugs, as I will need to change my plugs soonish.

Users who are viewing this thread