Spark plug shortage????

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
Got my valve covers off for powdercoat and wanted to replace the plugs while I'm here. Started looking for a set of NGK IX plugs and no one has any in stock. AutoZone, Advance Auto and Pep Boys don't have any in the warehouse and have no eta from suppliers.

Anyone know if the plug has been discontinued, or have a better option?

Thanks.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Got my valve covers off for powdercoat and wanted to replace the plugs while I'm here. Started looking for a set of NGK IX plugs and no one has any in stock. AutoZone, Advance Auto and Pep Boys don't have any in the warehouse and have no eta from suppliers.

Anyone know if the plug has been discontinued, or have a better option?

Thanks.

None of those guys are supporting vendors. I'm sure they are cheap, but if they don't have the product, why not try Lethal?

They have been an awesome loyal vendor for us for years. Did you try them yet?

NGK TR6 Iridium Spark Plugs (Set of 8) [TR6IX] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Try RockAuto. I bought the AutoLite XP103 Iridium plugs from them - fantastic plug!

Forgot to mention: there is a $2 rebate per plug as well. I'll even put a set in my Aviator...

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
Try RockAuto.

+1 on Rockauto. Excellent service and prices. Better than lethal and reasonable shipping costs. lethal wants $17 to ship 8 plugs, thats dumb.

put that number in the "how did you hear about us" box and get 5% off.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I've never been able to find a local source who stocks all of the NGKs either.

IF I chose to use the NGK's, I could go to the local O'Reilly and pick them up, but have never been a fan of them.

+1 on Rockauto. Excellent service and prices. Better than lethal and reasonable shipping costs. lethal wants $17 to ship 8 plugs, thats dumb.

put that number in the "how did you hear about us" box and get 5% off.

Yeah, same deal with the SVTOA membership:thumbsup:

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I couldn't find any of the NGK TR6IX plugs at any of the stores in my area except for one Advance location that just happens to have a much larger location with more storage space than the rest of them.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
IF I chose to use the NGK's, I could go to the local O'Reilly and pick them up, but have never been a fan of them.

Yeah, same deal with the SVTOA membership:thumbsup:

Lethal's shipping prices are the reason I do not purchase more from them. I understand they use FedEx which is quick and reliable, but they need more options for smaller and cheaper items.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Lethal's shipping prices are the reason I do not purchase more from them. I understand they use FedEx which is quick and reliable, but they need more options for smaller and cheaper items.

Well, not sure what makes the NGK Iridium so great for $6 each, but you can get the AutoLite Iridium plugs for $4+ each from RockAuto, THEN get $16 back in a rebate. Their shipping is reasonable as well.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm my advance stocks the tr6ix and the autolite xp103's.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Hmm my advance stocks the tr6ix and the autolite xp103's.

I could have scored the AutoLites plugs (and even the NGK's) locally too, but saved a bunch more $$$ with RockAuto. Again, there is even a rebate on the AutoLite plugs - just can't go wrong there!

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We keep the NGK TR6 and Autolites in stock most of the time, if we can help give us a call, they can also be ordered online under the "ignition and electronics" section

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

Users who are viewing this thread