Spark plug

VNMUS03

Established Member
Just a quick question. My car idles low and good but it has a slight stumble, I guess people are use to seeing that in Cobras. It's stock with the exception of
Cat less pro chamber, stingers, and jlt ram air. I have the platinum motor craft plugs in now but I'm looking to change them.(30k miles on them). I want to pulley my car soon with a 2.8 or 2.93 and I know I'll need spark plugs. I want to avoid buying them now and again then so what should I do. Can I run the ngk tr6 iridium now as it sits?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You might be due with a plug change at 30k miles, that could be some of your stumbles. LOL I've probably changed mine 5-6 times in the last 5 years/ 6k miles. How soon do you plan on swapping pulleys? If you want just try the tr6ix's with the gap they come with out of the box. I believe it's around .035 and that should work with a smaller pulley blower.

VNMUS03

Established Member
You might be due with a plug change at 30k miles, that could be some of your stumbles. LOL I've probably changed mine 5-6 times in the last 5 years/ 6k miles. How soon do you plan on swapping pulleys? If you want just try the tr6ix's with the gap they come with out of the box. I believe it's around .035 and that should work with a smaller pulley blower.

That stumble was there even when I installed them new. What should I gap the iridium tr6 at for a stock pulley? I can just gap them for stock and re gap if I need to after the pulley swap

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
im not entirely sure id bother with the iridium but if you go that route make sure you understand how to gap them properly, you cant gap them like a copper plug or you risk messing up the electrode of an expensive plug

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That stumble was there even when I installed them new. What should I gap the iridium tr6 at for a stock pulley? I can just gap them for stock and re gap if I need to after the pulley swap

So you already installed plugs before and the stumble was still present before and after?

Jensanity

Established Member
I'm having a stumble with mine as well. I'm thinking I need to open my gap a bit, but not sure if that's the correct way to go about it?

What are symptoms of a gap being too tight?
Symptoms of gap being too big?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm having a stumble with mine as well. I'm thinking I need to open my gap a bit, but not sure if that's the correct way to go about it?

What are symptoms of a gap being too tight?
Symptoms of gap being too big?

In my experience too tight of a gap can cause a slight miss at idle and create the exhaust to make a "popping" sound. To big of a gap and you can get spark blowout.

Users who are viewing this thread