spark plugs

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
So before this spring I want to replace my spark plugs. I don't drive my car much but it has just become a habit for new spark plugs at the beginning of each season to change them out. My question is I am a full bolt on car running a aed e85 tune and I want to know what the best plugs are for my car. Its a 2014 and has the factory ford plugs in it. I didn't know if I should replace with motorcraft platinum tip plugs or get some ngk. Also should I use factory spec gap or is there something someone recommends. Thanks:banana:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
go for a Brisk plug. If you are full bolt and tune id go 1 step colder

MMR sells them. GREAT PLUGS!

ajpturbo

Established Member
One heat range colder is overkill for a bolt on car. Hellion uses the stock plugs in their twin kit.

If you have an AED E85 tune I would ask him before asking people here.

Also, changing the plugs every spring is just increasing the operating cost of your vehicle...Most iridium and platinum plugs that have double precious metal are 100k mile plugs....Call NGK and see which ones are double precious metal and which ones aren't.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
its not overkill at all, perfectly fine. maybe MMR can chime but for a bolt on car they recommended me 1 step, they dont even carry the stock heat range. I also called brisk myself to confirm

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
talked to aed and he told me to stick with factory ford platinum tip plugs said they are great. he said I can gap them the same or a little smaller then factory

Shaun@AED

E85 burns so cool you can actually run hotter plugs without any issues, but we stick with stock till boosted.

Users who are viewing this thread