Special needs student punished for recording bullies

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.h...e_html_page_22995_content_103350833_pageNum_4

Shea Love, 40, said her 15-year-old son, Christian, had long been victimized by fellow students in his special education math class at South Fayette High School in McDonald, Pa. So the frustrated sophomore made an audio recording of the alleged bullying using his iPad, which school officials forced him to delete upon learning of the 7-minute segment in February. He was later convicted of disorderly conduct and fined $25 plus court costs.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Are you serious? Wtf. How is that any different than those kids recording that old lady being cussed out and abused by kids on that school bus? She got like $700,000 lol

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The legal system in this country and schools are getting out of hand. I am really believing that we are about to make the movie Idiocracy come true.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
This is terrible. Not only the way it was handled but now this kid will probably remember this the rest of his life. He thought he could possibly put a stop to something yet he was punished for it. That principal is a douche.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
if I was that mom I would be hiring a lawyer and sue everyone involved

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Outrageous.

My daughter was bullied for a short period of time. She filled out the bullying report, turned it into school officials, yet the bullying continued for several weeks. She brought the issue to my attention, I confronted school officials, I warned them that if something wasn't done immediately about the bullying the next time I returned my attorney would be with me.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
We need Tezz in here to share his opinion on corrupt schools and teachers.

My mom is a teacher in md.. I will be the first to say Charles County Board of ed is a crooooked mother ****er...
They screw there pay, leave, hours.. Benefits.. All of it

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
My mom is a teacher in md.. I will be the first to say Charles County Board of ed is a crooooked mother ****er...
They screw there pay, leave, hours.. Benefits.. All of it

Same thing in Anne Arundel. A good friend of mine was told that she can no longer write up any minority students without also writing up an equal amount of white students, so that they don't appear to be targeting minorities.

This person doesn't have any white students in their classes, so essentially she was told that no matter what, she can't write anyone up.

You may remember about a year ago, there was a student at Glen Burnie who brought a gun to school (didn't use it). Yea that kid was 9in my friends class, didn't show up, obviously (cops got him early, friend didn't know he had been arrested) and she didn't write him up for not showing up. She almost got fired for that when they found out who he was and found no teachers had written him up, based on their own dumbass rules!

Lose-lose all around.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Same thing in Anne Arundel. A good friend of mine was told that she can no longer write up any minority students without also writing up an equal amount of white students, so that they don't appear to be targeting minorities.

This person doesn't have any white students in their classes, so essentially she was told that no matter what, she can't write anyone up.

You may remember about a year ago, there was a student at Glen Burnie who brought a gun to school (didn't use it). Yea that kid was 9in my friends class, didn't show up, obviously (cops got him early, friend didn't know he had been arrested) and she didn't write him up for not showing up. She almost got fired for that when they found out who he was and found no teachers had written him up, based on their own dumbass rules!

Lose-lose all around.

Yup... It's very very sketchy

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
This is terrible. Not only the way it was handled but now this kid will probably remember this the rest of his life. He thought he could possibly put a stop to something yet he was punished for it. That principal is a douche.

Having a Brother born with CP, this hits me especially hard. These kids dont ask for the shit they have to deal with on the daily and they definitely dont need any ****ing punks picking on them. The kid is already special needs so he struggles with the bullying and comes to an illustrious solution! Record the faggits messing with him. And what crucial message did authority just put across to him? That you catch the bad guys in the act and we will shit on you and dismiss your proof because you didnt have a "warrant" for that. How in the hell was he charged with disorderly conduct? Who was prosecuting him? Its disorderly conduct to record people messing with you? By golly have they checked out Worldstar in the last 20 years?! All these schools with this Zero tolerance bullying policy bullshit and its just more bureaucracy and tape to jump through for people its meant to protect. Hes 15. Forget changing the "district's" Policies. Come back with an attorney and let the heads roll. Sue them. People dont understand who they are dicking with until their pocketbook gets hit.

oldmodman

Established Member
The DA has dropped all charges against the kid that was bullied.
And is investigating the school for destruction of evidence for erasing the file.
Plus the school is not going to pursue an investigation against the bullies for bullying.

All the publicity did some good, after all.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The DA has dropped all charges against the kid that was bullied.
And is investigating the school for destruction of evidence for erasing the file.
Plus the school is not going to pursue an investigation against the bullies for bullying.

All the publicity did some good, after all.

good to see someone has common sense.

I believe the school was trying to claim an expected right of privacy which would make the recording illegal without dual party consent, dont know enough about the law there to comment on it but either way that whole deal is royally ****ed up

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Outrageous.

My daughter was bullied for a short period of time. She filled out the bullying report, turned it into school officials, yet the bullying continued for several weeks. She brought the issue to my attention, I confronted school officials, I warned them that if something wasn't done immediately about the bullying the next time I returned my attorney would be with me.

Good job. You showed your daughter how NOT to handle things herself. If she grows up to be dependent I suggest you take a LONG look in the mirror

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Good job. You showed your daughter how NOT to handle things herself. If she grows up to be dependent I suggest you take a LONG look in the mirror

What!? It's his daughter who is still in school, possibly still very young. Did you expect her to hire the lawyer herself and confront the faculty? It's his job to protect her ans she expects him to be there. If his daughter is in hs then she probably learned that the alternative to physically fighting back is fighting back with threat of lawsuit. Sadly that's how things are handled these days.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
What!? It's his daughter who is still in school, possibly still very young. Did you expect her to hire the lawyer herself and confront the faculty? It's his job to protect her ans she expects him to be there. If his daughter is in hs then she probably learned that the alternative to physically fighting back is fighting back with threat of lawsuit. Sadly that's how things are handled these days.

A lawyer for bullying?

What the hell is that about? When I was bullied I was told change the fact I was bullied or change my attitude. Not run to daddy

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You're also a guy and we grew up in a different time. What do you do when you have n administration that fails to act on your behalf? An administration that would most likely punish your kid if they take it into their own hands? You strongarm the shit out of them, that's what you do!

Users who are viewing this thread