Specialty Engine predictions

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
And too bad the executives don't know dick about new engine programs. They have bigger fish to fry. Talk to a power train engineer. Those guys have the info you want.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
5.0 head should fit the 5.8, it shares bore spacing.

And thats it, they have different cooling and oiling passages.

Albeit I wouldn't be surprised if a taller coyote replaces the 6.2 ala 4.6 to 5.4. Which hould be a shame because the 6.2 is the only ford V8 without the FWD dictated bore spacing that limits their displacement.

americansteel

Banned
Uh.........no. The coyote heads wont fit the 5.8. Not even close. You cant punch out a coyote to displace 5.8L either so that wont happen. The 6.2L is a 2 valve. Its not THAT great of a motor. A coyote can easily out power a 6.2L, because it has higher flow heads and newer/better technology. When are you gonna learn that its not all about displacement anymore? Why do you think Ford has been making just as much power and in many cases more power with less cubes than chevy and dodge have, despite having less displacement?

I never wrote that the coyote heads fit the 5.8l. I wrote its a possibility that there might be a coyote based 5.8l. and I used the 5.0l heads as an example. different blocks. the 6.2l isn't that great of a motor??? you must be on drugs because last time I checked a 379ci motor will make more power and torque than a 302ci motor. the advantage of a bigger motor is to create more power over a smaller engine. why do you think ford made bigger engines other then the 4.6?
6.2l 521hp@ 6500RPM whens the last time you seen a N/A 5.0l coyote making that under 7000RPM? you haven't and you never will. the 5.0l coyote motor is making 422HP because of 11;1 compression high flowing heads with 4 valves per cylinder, that engine also has to work harder (rev higher ) to make such numbers. the LS motors will always make more power N/A than any ford modular V8 engine or the 5.0l. the ford 6.2l is a different story. the more cubic inches you have the more power at a lower rpm you can and will make. more air and more fuel-more power! sorry buddy but a 5.0 coyote can not out power a ford 6.2l engine. the 5.0 isn't much different than the 4.6l or 5.4l. look at history the Ls motors were always making more power N/A vs. N/A bolt ons Vs. bolt ons.

randaljonesGT5

Established Member
Shelby is building a new, bigger, facility in Vegas, and plans to move everything from their current location near the race track.

This has led some to speculate that Shelby, not Ford, will build the 2015 Shelby GT500. That same rumor has Ford building a GT and a Cobra Mustang.

Guess we will need to wait and see what pops.
thought shelby only modified cars in vegas. They don't build mustangs from scratch. Right?

randaljonesGT5

Established Member
sorry to break the news to ya bud but the 5.8l is staying. that is a motor that will be in the mach1 and in the cobra. old technology? really? im sorry but because the 5.8l doesn't use Tivct doesn't make it old technology, especially when Tivct has been around for awhile now. the 5.8l vs the 5.0l the 5.0 would get torn apart! there's is nothing technological about the 5.0l engine. its nothing more than a 4.6l with a tad bigger stroke and bore with a better block. ford invested billions of dollars on all of the new engines and the 5.8l is here to stay.

I hope so.... Love my 5.8L shelby.

jes_csx

Established Member
Yes, Shelby does post-title mods. They will be doing stuff with the 15, but it will be like if Roush or Saleen did it. There is no 2015 GT500 coming from Ford. Shelby may build a "GT500", but it will very likely be a modded and re-badged GT. As far as I know, Shelby has had almost nothing to do with S550 development so far.

americansteel

Banned
And thats it, they have different cooling and oiling passages.

Albeit I wouldn't be surprised if a taller coyote replaces the 6.2 ala 4.6 to 5.4. Which hould be a shame because the 6.2 is the only ford V8 without the FWD dictated bore spacing that limits their displacement.

when I seen the pictures of the 5.0 and 5.8l the 5.8 didn't have the intake manifold on it and the cam covers didn't look anything like what is on the GT500. there was four holes on the front. so that leads me to believe that will be TiVCT for the 5.8l. its possible that ford might use a taller deck coyote it does make sense. however the 5.0 or 5.8 wont replace the 6.2l anytime soon especially when ford phases out the 6.9 V10. that motor is has got to be about the best engine ford has ever manufactured since the 460 big block. it is perfect for the applications it is used in. and ford isn't going to put a 4 valve headed engine in the super duty!

americansteel

Banned
And too bad the executives don't know dick about new engine programs. They have bigger fish to fry. Talk to a power train engineer. Those guys have the info you want.

all of the ford executives know about every single vehicle every single engine that is brought to their attention before concept model and before mass production begins. the exec's are the one's calling the shots so is Allan mulaly. they know about every vehicle and what that vehicle has to offer in its model line up. these are also the same people that wright checks. your power train engineers, who pays them? every check that is signed is accounted for by a ford exec and human resources.

americansteel

Banned
What about a much updated 6.2? With a new F150 & Super Duty around the corner, the investment is easily justified.

what is there to update on the 6.2? the F150 gets a redesign and releases next fall. the super duty gets no body changes except for a grille. although I was told ford is thinking about dropping the 5.0 in the F150 and making use for the 5.8l

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Wow, there's some b.s. in here. Since the thread is titled "predictions", here's mine. 3.7 V6 for the base model, 5.0 for the GT, and two options I'm not quite sure will be available on what, 2.3 ecoboost and a N/A DI 5.2.

Last edited:

jes_csx

Established Member
I have a hard time believing a big shot ford exec is going to send you pics and give you a bunch of real sensitive inside info so you can just post it on the internet. If he did give you legit info, I'm pretty sure he would have made it _very_ clear to keep it to yourself... so why are you here posting this same inside info over and over? Its a shitty thing to do to the guy who has trusted you. I know more then I publicly state, but I keep it to myself... simply out of respect to those who've shared the info with me.
I can think of a few explanations for what you are posting, but none point to it being legit info. Maybe you'll have the last laugh and prove me wrong. Maybe you are trying to flush out leaks. Maybe your machinists cousin is just pulling your leg. Time will tell.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
EB 4-Banger and/or an N/A V6

N/A DI 5.0 >450hp Coyote in the GT

EB DI 5.0 >600hp Coyote in a new Cobra/ GT350

americansteel

Banned
I have a hard time believing a big shot ford exec is going to send you pics and give you a bunch of real sensitive inside info so you can just post it on the internet. If he did give you legit info, I'm pretty sure he would have made it _very_ clear to keep it to yourself... so why are you here posting this same inside info over and over? Its a shitty thing to do to the guy who has trusted you. I know more then I publicly state, but I keep it to myself... simply out of respect to those who've shared the info with me.
I can think of a few explanations for what you are posting, but none point to it being legit info. Maybe you'll have the last laugh and prove me wrong. Maybe you are trying to flush out leaks. Maybe your machinists cousin is just pulling your leg. Time will tell.

there is many people that know of the 5.8l that will be coming to the mustang. and if he wanted me to not to tell people what he has shown me and told me than he would have asked me to keep it private. there is a few things that I was told, and I was asked to keep it private and I will respect his wishes but as far as the engine options go? fair game, just like he said! the 5.8l is said to be in mass production come late 2014. just like the new F150, Im not saying a word about that.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
all of the ford executives know about every single vehicle every single engine that is brought to their attention before concept model and before mass production begins. the exec's are the one's calling the shots so is Allan mulaly. they know about every vehicle and what that vehicle has to offer in its model line up. these are also the same people that wright checks. your power train engineers, who pays them? every check that is signed is accounted for by a ford exec and human resources.

Wow, you are just wrong all over the place huh? Do the forum a favor and take your trolling ass somewhere else. Bill Ford didn't even know about the terminator program until a month before the reveal. Explain that Mr Genius!
You know nothing special and never will. The fact that your "knowledge" is so ass backwards, is massive proof that you are just a troll and thats it. Go let your mom's dog out and be a good boy eh?

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Oh and to the mods, I didn't intend to get out of line. But I've been watching this clown troll this forum for awhile. He's wrong left and right, and his attitude is crap.
My apologies...

lets be clear, he just claimed the 6.9 v10 is as great as the 460 was....
I think that explains enough...

Last edited:

americansteel

Banned
Oh and to the mods, I didn't intend to get out of line. But I've been watching this clown troll this forum for awhile. He's wrong left and right, and his attitude is crap.
My apologies...

lets be clear, he just claimed the 6.9 v10 is as great as the 460 was....
I think that explains enough...

you mad?

Users who are viewing this thread