Speed Fart

03yellow

Established Member
Has your cobra ever just hit like a beast and broke the tires loose at a higher than normal speed.
Mine broke loose on the freeway last night passing a car; hit the gas and it broke loose, rim slammed the curb and I had to save it!
Crazy, car just really came alive, motor wound up,,,, even sounded different. Car runs fine today! I was a little shaky!

2003cobraguy

Established Member
im only 480rwhp/486rwtq -mustang dyno but she spins second really easily.

if its wet out, 4th gear will spin badly....but i rarely drive in wet.

i love having to actually control the throttle in a car. it's so different than most cars where you can just floor it and call it a day.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Its getting colder out, the roads are cold, of course its gonna break loose. I've had my car break loose at 80, no bullshit, scared the **** out me!

03yellow

Established Member
Was about 8:30 pm. Roads were not too cool but the air was cool and dry. Some times I see 2 lbs more boos on cold days. I was behind the other mustang and was going to blow by around him.I didn't think twice about turning the wheel and going around him at that speed; won't do that again!
Its getting colder out, the roads are cold, of course its gonna break loose. I've had my car break loose at 80, no bullshit, scared the **** out me!

03' White Snake

Established Member
When I bought my car in Feb. 07' It was cold up here, so on my way home, completly stock, 3rd gear around a 100mph on the highway the tires broke free (stock goodyrs) and wheel hopped. Thats when my first modd was DR's. It scared the crap out of me. considering I went from a 250whp 02' GT to the cobra.

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
you guys must have street radials :shrug: ever since running dr's (pretty much since pullied) my car has never broke loose at hwy speed, even when it's cold. with 480 or so at the wheels I will never go back to goodyears f that not looking to crash my car

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Never have had the Cobra do it but my 90 GT with a Powerdyne supercharger has. It actually last did it back about a month ago. I was passing an all original early 60s model Ford and it broke loose and went sideways towards the car. I let off corrected it and took back off. I could see me trying to pay for that car. OUCH!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

x2 ... i usually never spin at all in 3rd but recently going against a gt500 at 50 mph it did

then the other day i hammered on it in 4th at 65 and it even spun a tad then too ... cooler weather means more power and less stick

be careful!

Last edited:

Terminated03

Established Member
There is a curb on the freeway? I normally find curbs on city streets, not freeways. Im hoping you didnt hit the median, but you kind of sound like a nut so I am not going to rule out that you started to spin the tires on the freeway and it continued down the off-ramp and onto the city streets where there is a curb.

Im just messing around. It was the cold air.

Users who are viewing this thread