Speeding in CA

l8nightsvt

Established Member
Hey guys, I got caught doing 95 on a 70 on highway 5 in CA. Anyone know what kind of fines and how many points this will be? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you would call the number listed on the TICKET for the clerk of the court, they will tell you an exact amount and related points.

03redfire beast

Established Member
Jimmyboy159 said:
Hey guys, I got caught doing 95 on a 70 on highway 5 in CA. Anyone know what kind of fines and how many points this will be? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
anything over 15 hph over the posted speed limit is a misdemeanor:shrug:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
03redfire beast said:
anything over 15 hph over the posted speed limit is a misdemeanor:shrug:

I highly doubt this...

I mean im no LEO, but i know here in PA a violation like that is a 3 point offence AT LEAST, plus about a $150 fine (this is judging from my careless driving ticket I got a LOOONG time ago).

I would think Cali would be even heavier on the points / fines. JMHO tho.

oldmodman

Established Member
On Hwy 5, if you were north of the grapevine 95 barely counts as speeding.

I have been passed by 18 wheelers going faster than that.

After enough time has gone by so that your citation is in the computer system, just go to the specified local courthouse and ask for traffic school. You will be given a list of approved traffic schools in your area. Hopefully some of them will be internet traffic schools. Sign up, read the material, take the tests, pass, then take your "diploma" back to the ticket window and get it signed off. You will of course have to pay for the convienance as well as the fine. But no points on your license and no bump in your insurance.

I always fall prey to the aircop. And I just can't fit a Stinger out my sunroof:banana:

SLOW_GT

Established Member
i got caught doing 123 in a 65 before the grapevine and i got 2 points but the fine was really big, that was three years ago.

V3NOM3S

Established Member
Jimmyboy159 said:

was it the blonde CHP girl..... She showed no love to me on that stretch on the 5N about two weeks ago. 90+ in a 70...

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Jimmyboy159 said:

Traffic school will make the points go away.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
yeah...fine will be between $275 and $300 my buddy got one about two months ago for going about 20 over...sucks man!

V3NOM3S

Established Member
wow it's a little less than I thought. will they let you do traffic school or is it up to the discretion of the judge for that??

Users who are viewing this thread