Speeding ticket.. 42mph over

03_termi

Established Member
I just got a speeding ticket yesterday and wondering what kinda fines I should be expecting. Ticket was for 112 in a 70. I'm going to get a lawyer so hopefully they will reduce the speed so I don't lose my license or my insurance company drop me. It will be the only ticket on my record all the others have been reduced to non moving violations. The cop didn't show me or even tell me what he clocked me at he asked me how fast I think I was going and I said maybe 112 so that's what he wrote the ticket for. Is there anyway a lawyer might be able to get that dropped to a non moving violation?

Satyr

Established Member
i just got a speeding ticket yesterday and wondering what kinda fines i should be expecting. Ticket was for 112 in a 70. I'm going to get a lawyer so hopefully they will reduce the speed so i don't lose my license or my insurance company drop me. It will be the only ticket on my record all the others have been reduced to non moving violations. The cop didn't show me or even tell me what he clocked me at he asked me how fast i think i was going and i said maybe 112 so that's what he wrote the ticket for. Is there anyway a lawyer might be able to get that dropped to a non moving violation?

^ lol

03_termi

Established Member
He said the county I was in anything over 100mph he's supposed to take me to jail so I was just nervous and wasn't trying to lie.. Thinking back I should have told him I had no idea how fast I was going.

03_termi

Established Member
But I'm not tring to beat this ticket just wondering what fines I should be expecting.. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
you admitted you were going 112mph. Case closed u lose!

Likely.

He said the county I was in anything over 100mph he's supposed to take me to jail so I was just nervous and wasn't trying to lie.. Thinking back I should have told him I had no idea how fast I was going.

You should simply have not answered the question. You admitted guilt.

Get a lawyer.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Likely.

You should simply have not answered the question. You admitted guilt.

Get a lawyer.

Is there a proper way to handle that? I've always been stupid and just been honest... while I've never been caught doing anything as extreme as the OP is there a way to say 'I don't want to answer that question' without pissing the officer off and getting into more trouble?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
"I'm not sure as I was watching the road to be the safest driver I could"

Usually makes them laugh and takes the edge off before I low ball the number at them

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is there a proper way to handle that? I've always been stupid and just been honest... while I've never been caught doing anything as extreme as the OP is there a way to say 'I don't want to answer that question' without pissing the officer off and getting into more trouble?

If they ask you if you know how fast you were going just tell them 'yes.' That answers the question. Then ask them how you can help them.

Blownsvt84

Established Member
sounds familiar I got 136 in a 65 memorial weekend. Court next thursday I was going to get a lawyer but the more i talked to other people they said just go n and talk to the prosecutor first. Everyone one of the people i know was able to get their stuff reduced significantly.

whiplash920

Established Member
best way to handle it without pissing them off and not admitting guilt is to say - 'officer, i really dont know' - say it sincerely - he'll prob believe that as most speeders dont know what speed they were going. doesnt get you off the hook - but it also does not admit guilt.
If they ask you if you know how fast you were going just tell them 'yes.' That answers the question. Then ask them how you can help them.
would not advise this - the more of a smart ass you are, the more they will **** with you.
sounds familiar I got 136 in a 65 memorial weekend. Court next thursday I was going to get a lawyer but the more i talked to other people they said just go n and talk to the prosecutor first. Everyone one of the people i know was able to get their stuff reduced significantly.
it's a toss-up really - the attorney will cost at least $500 (if not more), but will be able to get that lowered/reduced much more than you ever will - but the thing is - will the fine and attorney be more than the fine without an attorney - that's the question. for your scenario - i think an attorney would be worth it.

03_termi

Established Member
"I'm not sure as I was watching the road to be the safest driver I could"

Usually makes them laugh and takes the edge off before I low ball the number at them

That's pretty much what I did.. He asked if I saw him and I told him no I was keeping my eyes on the road he kinda chuckled. I told him 112ish but I ran out 4th gear to 6400rpms when my shift light comes on which is 130ish. He said he clocked me a little higher then 112 but since I was being honest he'd just write it for 112..

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I dont see you getting that reduced. Get ready to bend over and take it.

Users who are viewing this thread