Speeding ticket.. 42mph over

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Since I am the first soldier to have ever done this my XO was pretty impressed and bought me a lap dance. :rockon:

You lucky I wasn't your CO. I would be recommending a Field Grade Article 15. If your XO was involved, your CO had to know. So your CO did absolutely nothing and your XO bought you a lap dance. That's dereliction of duty and fraternization by your two most senior company grade officers. Your BN CDR must be proud of his/her BN. Obviously, you do not live the Army Values and it also appears your CoC does not either. Bottom line: I call BS on your fairy tale. I spent a few years in Germany and know the polizei can be brutal to Soldiers but the reaction your unit had does not make sense. Discipline is one of the hallmarks of a combat ready unit and your implying, your unit is terribly lacking.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Friend of mine had a wreck back in 06 while I was there. Received a reckless driving, failure to maintain control, and operating to fast for road conditions ticket for wrecking his bike in the K town area. He lost his USAREUR license and busted for behavior unbecoming of a noncommissioned officer. None of the tickets followed him back to the states on his regular license. Insurance company never found out (USAA) so there is a possibility it won't follow you. Never had a problem with the polizi but back in the states the cops are a lot worst.

jayman33

I got a ticket for doing 105 in a 65 on the highway, didn't even realize how fast I was going since no one was on the road. Saw the lights from the car then looked at my speedometer, I just started swearing at myself. The State trooper didn't say one single word to me other than "you in a hurry?" and why should he? I was driving way too fast.
This is the first time I've been back home for an extended period of time coming off of back to back to back deployments. I told my 1SG and CO, they just looked at me shook their head and said "good luck" and this wouldn't negatively impact my military career. I've been all over the world where speed limits didn't exist. My wife even warned me right when I got home to remind me that there are speed limits. I've had a hard time adjusting this time around. I've been back since Nov 23rd, got the ticket on the 26th. Got a lawyer, had court this past Friday but don't know the results. The only reason I'm home is because I was selected for a Master's program.
Being a Senior NCO I should have known better, don't have any excuses. I've been pretty hard on myself for this one cause it was so easy to avoid but it was all me. I told the lawyer to try his best but I deserve whatever they give me.

Last edited:

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
Judge > Lawyer's opinion

The big fine will be paid over a life time. Every time you have a employment back ground check done, if this incarceration shows up, you will not get the job. That is a high price to pay.

What are all these jobs that refuse to hire people with misdemeanors? I've got two on my record And have had numerous background checks and have never not gotten a job because of it.

Mr. Whistle

Established Member
The states are hard on people, but if you know your local system you can get out of or atleast through most tickets w/o them going on your record. I got a 127/50 ticket on my bike a number of years back and ended up with 1 year driving supervision and a 4 hour defensive drivers course and its not on my record at all.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
What are all these jobs that refuse to hire people with misdemeanors? I've got two on my record And have had numerous background checks and have never not gotten a job because of it.

Law enforcement, Fire Departments, EMS, Municipal jobs....

May not get you booted straight out but if your up against a pool of people who have clean records your going to the bottom of the list.

genesisjoelton

Established Member
ok guy i have had major speeding tickets worse than you but they should not take ur liscence but u can go to driving class or just pay a major fine and i dont know how fast i was going and if they get mad over that let them they are only ther to enforce to law not to be smart asses and if they are them i get an attitude right back. and if u wanna be honest most cops dont even know the law

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
And you should not be posting on svtp let alone in here with your second grade education. Now go read the rules and get ready for your vacation. Continuing to post crap like this will get you one early in what is sure to be a very short stay on th site.

ok guy i have had major speeding tickets worse than you but they should not take ur liscence but u can go to driving class or just pay a major fine and i dont know how fast i was going and if they get mad over that let them they are only ther to enforce to law not to be smart asses and if they are them i get an attitude right back. and if u wanna be honest most cops dont even know the law

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member

Can't say it was a pleasure seeing your post. Got two words for ya.... bye bye:loser:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member

WTF are you saying?

Time for a background check before issuing new memberships.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member

zdl4iwzohx.jpg

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I got a ticket for doing 105 in a 65 on the highway, didn't even realize how fast I was going since no one was on the road. Saw the lights from the car then looked at my speedometer, I just started swearing at myself. The State trooper didn't say one single word to me other than "you in a hurry?" and why should he? I was driving way too fast. This is the first time I've been back home for an extended period of time coming off of back to back to back deployments. I told my 1SG and CO, they just looked at me shook their head and said "good luck" and this wouldn't negatively impact my military career. I've been all over the world where speed limits didn't exist. My wife even warned me right when I got home to remind me that there are speed limits. I've had a hard time adjusting this time around. I've been back since Nov 23rd, got the ticket on the 26th. Got a lawyer, had court this past Friday but don't know the results. The only reason I'm home is because I was selected for a Master's program. Being a Senior NCO I should have known better, don't have any excuses. I've been pretty hard on myself for this one cause it was so easy to avoid but it was all me. I told the lawyer to try his best but I deserve whatever they give me.

Don't be so hard on yourself man. It's admirable that you're taking the violation seriously (which is the opposite mindset of most) but it's not the easiest thing to go from driving on roads with no speed limits to 65mph.

Some do. Some don't. Kind of like how some citizens know how to compose proper sentence structure and some don't. :lol1:

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
Law enforcement, Fire Departments, EMS, Municipal jobs....

May not get you booted straight out but if your up against a pool of people who have clean records your going to the bottom of the list.

Okay, that's four. And to be honest I question the last two, but even if benefit of the doubt is given, the dude I was referencing in my post is talking like it's every job on the planet, which is nonsense.

I've got a misdemeanor and an aggravated misdemeanor and make a very good living at a job that most definitely did a background check. Maybe if you're doing a job that significantly involves driving (i.e. trucker) they might care about misdemeanor moving violations, but to insist that every single job cares about every kind of misdemeanor is just crazy.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Okay, that's four. And to be honest I question the last two, but even if benefit of the doubt is given, the dude I was referencing in my post is talking like it's every job on the planet, which is nonsense.

I've got a misdemeanor and an aggravated misdemeanor and make a very good living at a job that most definitely did a background check. Maybe if you're doing a job that significantly involves driving (i.e. trucker) they might care about misdemeanor moving violations, but to insist that every single job cares about every kind of misdemeanor is just crazy.

EMS depends on department... you can have your license from the state but a department can say forget it... especially if you have a ton of moving violations. The liability of having someone transporting a patient that has a horrible driving record I would imagine is pretty bad. We have people with clean driving records that can barely drive the bus without hitting curbs and signs... someone careless/unskilled would be a disaster in an emergency situation.

I'm not disagreeing with you. For some jobs though it does matter... I have something on my record that most people don't think much about but really screwed up any chances of me getting a public service job if I tried for it. The current department I'm on doesn't care but going forward it shut some doors on me. :nonono: Stupid lapse of judgement 10 years ago but it's on the record and will continue to haunt me despite what I've done since. Unfortunately when you are young you don't listen to the right people you do stupid stuff and don't realize it's going to follow you forever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread