Spider-Man rejoins Marvel Universe

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-marvel-sony-movies-1201429508/

Lots of info in the article but here are some tidbits:

"They’ll work with Marvel, owned by Disney, to weave Spider-Man’s character into Marvel’s upcoming superhero films, which includes the popular franchise “The Avengers.”

As Variety previously reported, Marvel plans on bringing the Civil War storyline from the comic books to launch the next phase of films. It’s very likely that Spider-Man will make his first appearance in “Captain America: Civil War” next year.

To make room for Spider-Man, Disney has rescheduled a number of Marvel tentpoles, including “Thor: Ragnorak,” which was originally planned to open on the July 28, 2017 date. It moves to Nov. 3, 2017. “Black Panther,” which had the Nov. 3 date, will now move up to July 6, 2017.

Marvel’s “Inhumans,” meanwhile, has now moved back to summer 2019 while “Captain Marvel” moves back to Nov. 2018."

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
good, now get the x-men back.

also they should keep the current kid, garfield, to play spiderman because he did well imo.

Voltwings

Established Member
Ehh ... i just have a hard time putting spider man in the same echelon as Thor and Captain America ... yes, he's strong, but i just dont find spiderman as "cool" or "appealing" as the current list of Avengers. I suppose if they are going with the civil war story line and Spider man is part of that story line, then that's what they have to do, but i'm just not sold on it. Especially since eventually guardians of the galaxy will end up in there too ... things are about to get very crowded. They've done an EXCELLENT job so far of bringing the stories together, but hopefully they can pull it off.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Ehh ... i just have a hard time putting spider man in the same echelon as Thor and Captain America ... yes, he's strong, but i just dont find spiderman as "cool" or "appealing" as the current list of Avengers. I suppose if they are going with the civil war story line and Spider man is part of that story line, then that's what they have to do, but i'm just not sold on it. Especially since eventually guardians of the galaxy will end up in there too ... things are about to get very crowded. They've done an EXCELLENT job so far of bringing the stories together, but hopefully they can pull it off.

I was beginning to think I was the only. I haven't watched any of the spidie movies after I saw the one of guy with the robotic arms attached to him. It ruined it for me.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Surprised this wasn’t posted yesterday. Big news when I read this.

Sony still taking control but Avi Arad is no longer there so its a BIG plus. Looks like Marvel in the end will take the main shots.

Also Garfield is NOT coming back. I just truly hope its a reboot without the reboot if that makes sense. Needs to follow Justice League ala Batman.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

They need as many recruits as they can to fight Thanos!! Trust us, us, comic book fans have been waiting for the big war!!

Voltwings

Established Member
I guess. I'm just picturing the scene in NY from Avengers 1 and trying to imagine Spider man wrapping up some Chitauri in webs and its just ... lackluster at best haha.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I guess. I'm just picturing the scene in NY from Avengers 1 and trying to imagine Spider man wrapping up some Chitauri in webs and its just ... lackluster at best haha.
You have a guy with a Shield with superhuman strength and speed (similar to Spider-Man). I will say he will fit in just fine. I mean Hawkeye and Black Widow did just fine. Spider-Man plays a bigger role than people think which is why Marvel fought to get him in the Avengers.

04svtsnke

Established Member

Have you read or listened to the civil war arc? Spiderman is basically the main protagonist in it. I'm glad marvel did this as it will make civil war that much more amazing as he is crucially needed.

Voltwings

Established Member
Have you read or listened to the civil war arc? Spiderman is basically the main protagonist in it. I'm glad marvel did this as it will make civil war that much more amazing as he is crucially needed.

I actually have not. I understand spiderman's role in the story, my main point is i just struggle to see him as as "cool" of a hero as the others. Its just my inner 5 year old talking. I should probably look up the story line though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Yeah but you have Hawkeye (a dude with a bow and arrow) and BlackWidow (just an asskicker with pistols) that can?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I actually have not. I understand spiderman's role in the story, my main point is i just struggle to see him as as "cool" of a hero as the others. Its just my inner 5 year old talking. I should probably look up the story line though.

Spider-Man is nearly always outclassed by his peers and villains in the comics. However he is similar to batman's place in the justice league in that his intellect and craftiness ends up being an invaluable asset that the others can't do without. Spider-Man is a more grounded character that is easier to identify with on a personal level. Nearly all Spider-Man fans can identify with something Peter Parker has to deal with, especially life's tragedies and unfairness. That's why it's one of theist successful comics of all time with one of the largest fan bases. The movies do not do it any justice at all.

Voltwings

Established Member
Spider-Man is nearly always outclassed by his peers and villains in the comics. However he is similar to batman's place in the justice league in that his intellect and craftiness ends up being an invaluable asset that the others can't do without. Spider-Man is a more grounded character that is easier to identify with on a personal level. Nearly all Spider-Man fans can identify with something Peter Parker has to deal with, especially life's tragedies and unfairness. That's why it's one of theist successful comics of all time with one of the largest fan bases. The movies do not do it any justice at all.

Maybe that is where i'm getting hung up.

Voltwings

Established Member
I can certainly understand the need for a Spider-man, though i still have reserved judgements about how badass of a superhero he is lol.

Users who are viewing this thread