Spy Shots—2019 GT500 With Supercharged 5.2 FPC Engine?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Link provided in a previous post.

The link also shows where I started to discuss Port Direct Injection, around Aug/Sept. before the UAW Contract for sure.

If Ford initially intended to build a GTE class car, I am hoping they also considered a small 4.0 Ecoboost V8 too.

Obviously, the S550 is larger and heavier so I would expect them to consider a V8 in a Mustang first. The Ecoboost 3.5 in the FGT seems to be specifically built for that application.

That could mean, whatever Ford had previously considered for that program (Project Silver) could eventually come to market with a larger displacement. GTE doesn't permit an EB beyond 4.0 liters so I would think any initial Mustang concepts would include a new Ecoboost V8.

Maybe 800+ isn't important anymore but it is obviously an important aspect of a HALO car. If it's wrong, it's wrong... but so far the GT350 will continue beyond '17 and we see Dodge at 808. Someone on M6G knew what they were talking about. PDI and the refresh came from the same people.

There was no proof provided. He mentioned nothing of Dodge nor the challenger nor the demon. He has no clue what speaks of.

Oh it also was no 18 months ago like is claim. It was 11 months ago.

I forgot the best part. The so called proof was all conjuncture and ignorance and all wrong.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
There was no proof provided. He mentioned nothing of Dodge nor the challenger nor the demon. He has no clue what speaks of.

Oh it also was no 18 months ago like is claim. It was 11 months ago.

I forgot the best part. The so called proof was all conjuncture and ignorance and all wrong.
Here it is, March 2016

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15731&page=41

4 of the "insiders" there have been disputing the number on FB.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news

C&D's report is from Aug '16

johnkn

Established Member
That is a fact, Dodge used the exact "808" number I had reported last year.

Do you think Dodge selected "808" because some random nobody on the internet said it?

Or do you think Dodge selected "808" specifically for the next GT500 to hurdle?

808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808

T80zTC.gif

Last edited:

johnkn

Established Member
Thanks for the help mid edit! I was adding a different gif, I liked Nicholson's more. Both are entirely appropriate....

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
As I said all wrong.
I didn't include your estimates that I know of.

Anyway, there it is. The exact moment I publicly posted the projected number for a future GT500.

"808 or go home" remember?

17.5 months later, the Demon was released with 808hp.

Ford has probably returned to the drawing board...

If anyone finds a post that I used it earlier, I am sure I will get the link. At this point, it shouldn't be disputed.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
That's great.

Can I say 909hp.

Then when one/any manufacturer uses it sometime in the future I can claim, see I told you so!

Oh hell.

800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805, 806, 807, 809, 810, 811, ....

specizripn

Established Member
Wow this thread got completely derailed... Anyway wouldn't it make more sense for the GT500 to be a 5.2L cross-plane crank for stability and to make the GT350(R) more unique? If I had to place a bet it would be an "ecoboost" 5.2TT backed by a 10 speed auto.

Fourcam380

Established Member

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Exclusivity of the FPC is important for GT350. That was stated publicly when they first showed the CPC Aluminator.
Wow this thread got completely derailed... Anyway wouldn't it make more sense for the GT500 to be a 5.2L cross-plane crank for stability and to make the GT350(R) more unique? If I had to place a bet it would be an "ecoboost" 5.2TT backed by a 10 speed auto.

They like bespoke engines in the shelby and cobras. I don't think the 5.2 CPC out of the FRPP catalog will be what Ford goes with. At least not without some serious changes to the top end to make it unique.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
They like bespoke engines in the shelby and cobras. I don't think the 5.2 CPC out of the FRPP catalog will be what Ford goes with. At least not without some serious changes to the top end to make it unique.
That 5.2 CPC FRPP Aluminator motor is a bad dude and I'd love a supercharged version with a TVS 2650, just not as much as twin turbos :)
-J

Users who are viewing this thread