Squealing little noises..ideas?

Kelly Perez

Hoping to narrow down this sound before I take her to the shop. First, let me introduce you to my 'work in progress', we call her the Animal. She's a great little car. 1995 Cobra SVT 84K miles on her. I'm slowly fixing her up. I recently put on brand new brakes but then she got a little sassy with a new sound. As you can hear in the video, it's not consistent, as in it comes and goes. It sounds like it's coming from the front. I can't hear anything with she's stopped. Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ormf6b8YiMI'm open to idea's. This is my first time posting, so let me know what information I should be giving you. :) roar on

Kelly Perez

God Question, but being I'm new to this, I'm guessing my Mustang is not an "R". All I have ever seen is SVT 5.0L. Can you tell me the right spot I should put my question?

flattrack53

Established Member
a 95r is a 5.8L. I tried watching your video and understanding the squealing noise. Was it just when you hit the brakes? If so, it could just be the brake pads. What kind did you put on? Also, how are your rotors? Are they glazed over or worn/warped?

Users who are viewing this thread