SRP Pedals

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Think we can get you a spot on Horsepower TV. Great write up, I see during the recession still has you modding lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Horsepower TV? Hmmm. Now you've got me thinking...

thinking-monkey.jpg

Opportunity + Moi = Mucho dinero?

I'm guessing not.

As to the recession, I'm doing my best to spend my money wisely. I have no trouble at all spending my hard earned dollars on quality parts. Brian at SRP, a small business here in the US, deserved it. Were money no question, I'd send the extra seat skins I purchased from Shelby's garage sale off and get some aluminum ringlets installed, similar to Ford GT fodder, and continue the theme.

I guess if you don't make an attempt to keep upgrading, the car gets stale and you lose interest. I'm just trying to keep this love affair goin'!

Tob

rdsnk46

Established Member
When I see people with custom pedal covers I always think they look cheap......these looks perfect! Nice job on the install.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I did Saleen pedals on my 98 years ago and had a bitch of a time drilling the steel pedals.

Yours came out very nice. They look perfect in place.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks again guys.

The fact that I'm employed as a commercial carpenter/millwright helps. I've installed more doors and hardware at new/old schools, industry, residential, etc, gives me a big advantage here. I have all the tools necessary and have a pretty good sense of will and won't work. Plus I really enjoy detail work, much more so than large concrete/form jobs where I'm in the mud/rain/snow for lengthy periods.

I'm not doing any machine work anymore but that doesn't mean I've lost an appreciation for a guy that can whittle artwork from a billet chunk. From that perspective, the pedals more than meet the grade. The only question in my mind is how well and for how long the anodized coating will hold up. SRP claims it'll be good for quite a while and from what I've seen so far I have no reason to doubt them.

Last edited:

AGMATTOCKS

Established Member
Gas Pedal!

I saw someone post up on them and liked what I saw. SRPracing (Sullivan Racing Products) seemed to be rather obscure as I had never heard of them. Navigating through their site, you come upon their various Mustang offerings, including pedals for 2005+ models. I sat on the links for awhile and never looked at them again.

It wasn't until I had worn a couple of different pairs of shoes, boots, sandals, and then bare feet that I realized that I wanted something with a bit more grip. I found SRP's wider gas pedal offing of interest as well, as it'll allow easier heel/toeing, something I've never attempted to master.

So I studied the various combinations that SRP will whip up and settled on their '05+, manual transmission, grid surface finish, in black/silver. I ordered up a set about a month ago and they showed up at my doorstep today. The anodized, CNC billet pedals are simply beautiful pieces that I can't wait to add to my machine. I opened up the box and snapped off a few shots with them placed inline (note that the dead pedal is inverted as it lays).

IMG_8506.jpg

SRP sent me two versions of their gas pedal, a wide and a narrow version.

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

Note the different textures between pedals

IMG_8514.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

Included is the necessary hardware and a thorough set of installation instructions. I dealt with "Brian" from SRP and he answered any question I had and took care of getting them to me as well as supplying me with tracking numbers.

I'm very pleased with the quality and look forward to getting them on. I'll add to this thread the installation once done.

Tob

Hey what did you do with your gas pedal? I had to upgrade my brake and clutch assembly now i need the gas to match. How much will you let it go for? Or do you know where i can get just the pedal?
:pop:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I went further than you have to but I liked the idea of threading the holes. I couldn't imagine the car without them now.

They've come out with some really neat color combinations since I did mine...

Paul.

Established Member
Since I followed your How-To on the power Recaro seat install, I figured I might as well do this too. I just ordered a set of SRP pedals last night. It's gotta be easier than the dang seats!

Paul.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good for you. You know, I couldn't imagine not having them. They mate with your feet perfectly. In concert with the shifter mods and custom Recaro's, I really connect with the car well.

The hardware is absolutely first rate. I think there are quite a few more custom options now available that weren't when I added these pedals some time ago. And remember, you don't have to tap/thread the factory pedal flats like I did and can simply use the appropriate length fastener with a nut on the other side.

Paul.

Established Member
Funny, I ordered an MGW shifter last night as well. So I'll have a great shifter, shelby wheel, shelby recaros, and some nice pedals now. Should make for a nice setup. I ordered my pedals just the way you have them setup - I like the way they look. I'll also be installing them the same way as well. Drilling/tapping isn't a big deal, and I think I'll prefer it that way. Now I just need to find and buy a box of the correct fasteners. Overall, it fits with the super deluxe theme of my car... and it lets me hold out a little longer from buying a whipple, which is what I really want.

Now I just wish I could make your writeup on the Shelby CF driveshaft work on my '11 GT. I want to get rid of the heavy monster on my car.

Paul.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Paul, if the MT82 terminated at the same flange face location as the TR6060, I could have done something. It doesn't though so a no go on the '13/'14 CF shaft (as you no doubt know). How about a DSS CF shaft instead?

And I'm looking forward to seeing you do the pedals better than I did. You did a heck of a job on your Recaro swap and I expect nothing less here.:beer:

Paul.

Established Member
Thanks Tob. So while this is tangential to this thread - would swapping in a TR6060 or a T56 Magnum into my Coyote permit me to run the OEM Ford CF shaft? I've thought of doing aftermarket stuff, I just prefer the parts that Ford cranks out because I know the amount of engineering behind them.

Meh, I suppose I should just buy a '13/'14 Shelby and stop trying to make my Coyote something it will never be. It's just really hard to find a glass-roof and super-loaded Shelby the way I want one outfitted, and I won't shell out the coin (and more importantly the sales tax) to buy a new one. Plus, I like doing the mods.

I'll follow your writeup closely on the pedals, and post some pics of my own. I need to transfer my build thread of my '11 GT to SVTP so folks can follow some of the stuff I've done to my car if they're interested.

Paul.

Paul.

Established Member
Mine finally just came in today. I ordered them on May 2nd, so it took a little less than five weeks. Now I'm just trying to work up the motivation to go install them in 110 degree heat. Not sure how well that's gonna go.

Users who are viewing this thread