Srt4 neon or sn95 cobra?

kaz109

Established Member
Just for reference ive had two friends with srt4s

First one had a mopar intake, and borla exhaust he was no match for my bolt on cobra not by a long shot.

he raced my room mates 00 gt with comp 262s Detuned he only made 265hp, and 290 torque (reason for detune was he had alot of timing pulled for nitrous),
the srt still couldnt beat that gt from any roll or even close from a dig.

Now the second srt4 has intake turbo back 3" exhaust, u/d pulleys, upped boost to 18psi 21 spike, freshly rebuilt turbo, .030 shaved off his cyl head (it might have been .020) removed balance shafts, granatelli ignition coil and wires, agp wastegate larger intercooler, lightweight wheels, short shifter, and some spring mod? He couldnt beat my friends 410 geared catback and mac cai 03 Mach 1 he got pulled by about 2 car lenghts.

My 98 cobra with 410s jlt intake, SRI, and borla catback is neck and neck with that mach 1
Sounds like a owner error... neons arent the fastest but should beat the two mustangs u listed

Crazy88

Established Member
EVOs fast LOL? I have yet to see a fast one where I live. But I can name 8 or 9 fast Subarus. (BTW fast here is 11s due to 5000+FT altitude)

Btw any intelligent point you try to make will be invalided because you used the phrase 'complete beast'.

FAIL at calling subarus fast... Every Subie here where I live gets stomped on by Evos and SRT4.

As for the AWD- EVO OVER SUBIEWHATEVER

speedieGT500

Established Member
EVOs fast LOL? I have yet to see a fast one where I live. But I can name 8 or 9 fast Subarus. (BTW fast here is 11s due to 5000+FT altitude)

Btw any intelligent point you try to make will be invalided because you used the phrase 'complete beast'.
There is really only about 4 fastish Subarus running around the streets of alb, a black bugeye, a white 06-07 sti, a wrx wagon, and the a few ok subies 400-500 whp. There is also a few evos running around that will hurt some feelers particularly a silver evo 8 or 9.
FAIL at calling subarus fast... Every Subie here where I live gets stomped on by Evos and SRT4.

As for the AWD- EVO OVER SUBIEWHATEVER

I've yet lose to any evo that's mod for mod with my subie... Then again we are talking stock turbo, slow stage 2.

Last edited:

speedieGT500

Established Member
What is Cobb stage2 with bolt ons like? 330-350hp

Never been on a dyno :shrug: nor is it Cobb tuned. Just intake, uncatted turbo back 3" exhaust, and arguably one of the best Subaru tuners in the world tuned it. It was good for a 13.0 @105 at Albuquerque dragway ~7500 da. That's on 91 too not e85

DaBigBone

Established Member
Well seeing as MACHs have 10.1CR and the most boost that an Eaton will make is 14-15lbs(correct me if I'm wrong somebody), so I'm guesstimating that should take a MACH with let's say DRAG RADIALS on. it should trap in the 125+mph area so mid to low 11s. I want to say I've seen a guy "post" a 10sec slip but don't qoute me on that but I'm sure I've seen a mid to low 11 slip on Mach1registry.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

A few things:

Why do you constantly capitalize Mach?
Why do you keep arguing the fact that if you boost your Mach it would be faster?
He (Kaz) is talking about stock power adders. I don't see a stock power adder on your MACH :shrug:

speedieGT500

Established Member
13.0 not too shabby though most of our bolt on Evos here in TX run high 11s mid 12s.

Gotta love our DA :cuss: a few of the stg 2 stock subies on corn have gone deep 12's and the only evos I've seen at our track are big turbo but believe the one I remember specifically is still in bottom 11's

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Let me clarify.... as i thought i already did in my last post, he said he dismissed a neon because he actually liked torque, i told him mod for mod a stock turbo will out torque him so

Not in what I quoted you didn't- nice try though. Look, you like the Skittle- good on you. Many on this forum do not - so what? Does that mean you're smarter than them or vice versa- no it means we have different preferences and goals for what we want in cars. I'd like to point out that the audience you are looking for for support is likely not to be found here. Sure, there are a few that love huge fwd power, trq steer etc- but most on this board prefer big power rwd vehicles. Try the same argument on a skittle forum if you want the kind of support you seem to be craving. GL:rollseyes

kaz109

Established Member
Not in what I quoted you didn't- nice try though. Look, you like the Skittle- good on you. Many on this forum do not - so what? Does that mean you're smarter than them or vice versa- no it means we have different preferences and goals for what we want in cars. I'd like to point out that the audience you are looking for for support is likely not to be found here. Sure, there are a few that love huge fwd power, trq steer etc- but most on this board prefer big power rwd vehicles. Try the same argument on a skittle forum if you want the kind of support you seem to be craving. GL:rollseyes

Lol...wtf are u even talkin about? Who is talk about huge fwd power? Who is talkin about huge rwd power? The topic is simple bolt ons for a daily driver, So u consider 300whp huge power huh lol...

You fail at any valid point you were trying to make :rollseyes

xTomKx

Established Member
My 96 cobra ran low 13's with only a bbk intake and flowmaster cat back. stock neons run low 14's.

Rear wheel drive is a blast. Once you have a rwd you'll never want to drive fwd again.

kaz109

Established Member
Ohhhhh I was like I know he knows but wtf is he questioning for lol

Oh and yeah it's on a better setup and tune now so I'm fine with it now.

Ohhhhh that is why u keep bumping threads with neons huh lol...what turbo are u running?

Users who are viewing this thread