Srt4 neon or sn95 cobra?

Silver95

Established Member
Which would you pick? Would like to hear from members that have had or experienced both and I know some of you on here have some badass sn95 svts and I know there are srt4's of. Here as well. Don't be shy to comment intelligently on both units, and please share some pics.

silvrsrt

Established Member
SRT4 is faster, cheaper to mod, and better on fuel, but your asking a site full of svt enthusiast so i'm sure you can guess what the majority vote will be!

AdamSVT

Established Member
Well, I've sort of had both. I used to own a 2005 neon srt-4 a few years ago. It was a fun car no doubt and they can be serious monsters if built right with e85 and a 50 trim...However, I just got sick of owning neon quality interior haha damn dodge... Now I've owned two 03 & 04 cobra, while they are a little different from the sn95 cobras I would say go with the sn95 because RWD > FWD. Plus, I think the srt-4's sound like dump trucks!!

Edit: SRT4's are cheap to mod for sure. However, I don't see a stock SRT4 beating a stock sn95...And as far as better on fuel I guess if 19-21 is considered good lol...

Last edited:

98expo

Established Member
I have owned both. I had an '95 cobra and an '04 Srt-4. As the Cobra was very fun the Srt was more fun to me.

I bought it new in 2004 and started modding as the parts became available. So from Stock, to basic 300whp bolt ons, and then to 420+whp 50 trim setup. It was a blast to drive.

But most of that fun effect came in because there wasnt many around and people really didn't know what they were capable of. So I hurt some feelings.

Either way if I had to buy another one I would do the Srt.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm looking for another 4V Cobra. I'd take it over an SRT-4. However, if a nice deal on an SRT-4 came up, I'd buy it. Just want a fun daily. Both would give me that.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
Never owned one... But I CANNOT stand Neons. No matter what price, what hp... Its an ugly car plain and simple...

The boys that drive the SRT4s make me smile, cause they are still stuck thinking they are going to surprise everything... Que EVERY SRT4 I see on the street.

They want to run... Really?! CMON! It a NEON. SN95 all the way.

98expo

Established Member
Never owned one... But I CANNOT stand Neons. No matter what price, what hp... Its an ugly car plain and simple...

The boys that drive the SRT4s make me smile, cause they are still stuck thinking they are going to surprise everything... Que EVERY SRT4 I see on the street.

They want to run... Really?! CMON! It a NEON. SN95 all the way.

As they also make me smile. They are still just a neon. But it was fun to see how receptive they were to modifications.

I luckly got out of mine before I saw one on every corner. I never thought it was the fastest thing in the world. It was fun and yes, they dont surprise anyone anymore.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I have a HUGE soft spot in my heart for an srt4/neon. My buddy had a yellow neon and i fell in love with that thing. Im stillt rying to convince him to get a yellow srt4 to replace the one he used to have. I say SRT4 just to be different :rockon:

Alex_SVT

Established Member
If it's for a daily driver, SRT-4. If it's just a toy, Cobra.

I've had a couple SRT-4s, a '97 PI swap, and a couple '03 Cobras.

Silver95

Established Member
It would be an evening/weekend toy- I drove an SRT4 last night, and the car sounds amazing for a 4 cylinder but it just didn't have that "feel" that I enjoyed and liked so much with my foxbody.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
If you plan on building something then I'd go cobra, if you need a DD that gets great gas mileage and is pretty quick it's hard to beat an SRT4

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Neon is faster for less(to a point). Better on fuel.

Cobra is cheaper(depending on condition), better looking(opinion), more fun to drive, and doesnt come with the stigma of everyone thinking your some teenage asshole when you drive the neon.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I have a HUGE soft spot in my heart for an srt4/neon. My buddy had a yellow neon and i fell in love with that thing. Im stillt rying to convince him to get a yellow srt4 to replace the one he used to have. I say SRT4 just to be different :rockon:

They are not "different", every high school D-bag who can't get a GTI buys one of those things... Plus, most of them are ragged out and beat to piss now. I see 4 of these alone rolling around my 1.5sq mile town. One is owned by an old guy and is bone stock, 2 of them are owned by your typical SRT-4 owner, and one of em is an ACR owned by my friend.

Honestly, if you really wanted to be different, buy a PT cruiser GT with the getrag manual and build that up. I can't expect a single person to suspect getting their asses whipped by an old pedophile car....

Or be like me, and build up a car thats straight out of the 70's :thumbsup:

03SonicStang

Established Member
I have FOR SALE a low mile 09 SRT4 Caliber if you want to be different......stock and fun to drive!

I've also owned a 94 Cobra and it was a Blast to drive, but than again the Caliber is as well! Plus the Kicker Sound System in the Caliber will make your ears ring!

Users who are viewing this thread