Srt4 neon or sn95 cobra?

61mmstang94

Established Member
Lets be honest. Sn95s without boost suck.

Two most important categories for a daily driver car you wanna have fun with?

Interior:
Srt4 wins. It has nicer seats, more room, etc.

Bolt-on performance:
Srt4 wins again. They're light and with intake, exhaust, boost and a tune are faster than many on here wanna give credit.

But if you're insecure and scared off by the persona of the car because of what people say on forums, then maybe the art4 isn't for you but I've been around plenty of them to know they're definitely fun cars. Much more so than n/a sn95s.

But as we know this is SVTP so mustang > everything.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I have to laugh at the people saying the neon interior is nicer then the SN95... Besides the gauges and the seats, its the same dismal dark plastic slab of econobox as a regular neon...

2004-dodge-neon-srt-4-interior_02.jpg

2000_Dodge_Neon-8-small.jpg

They are fast, in a straight line, from a roll. Thats about the only upside. Its a neon with a pt cruiser engine and thats about it. As much as I hate them, I think the cobalt SS/TC is probably an even better car then the SRT4.

kaz109

Established Member
Never EVER thought i would see ppl on a mustang for pick a neon over a stang(no matter which yr stang).....i am blown away lol.....but for a daily a neon will me a better suit....high 11 sec car( with zero tuning) and stil get 30mpg on the highway

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I have to laugh at the people saying the neon interior is nicer then the SN95... Besides the gauges and the seats, its the same dismal dark plastic slab of econobox as a regular neon...

They are fast, in a straight line, from a roll. Thats about the only upside. Its a neon with a pt cruiser engine and thats about it. As much as I hate them, I think the cobalt SS/TC is probably an even better car then the SRT4.

Exactly... SN95 all the way.

kaz109

Established Member

Even if u say only the seats are better, where do u spend 100% of your time when u are driving? Hmmm maybe the seats? Lol...so for a daily that seems like that would be a good choice to go with a car with the better seats...and who cares about a cobalt ss/tc...i dont remember seeing the op having that as an option, do u?

CobRoush-00

Established Member
All I can tell you is that there was a silver SRT4 in my area that used to smoke me all the time I run him with my SN95. Honestly I used to hate this kid. Definitely the SRT4 gives you the best bang for the bucks as far as performance but you will look better in an SN95:beer:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
For me 95 Cobra all the way. And not just because it's an SVT. I don't care if the skittle, honduh, etc has 1000 hp - if it's FRONTwd I just can't do it. Just personal preference I suppose.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
SRT-4 is what I would choose. The "fwd sucks" argument doesn't hold much ground with me, because it's just not that much of an issue in a street car that's setup right with suspension and tires. I mean... I left my buddy's Audi S6 from a dig last night on 35 degree roads, so I think the traction issue is overblown. The imaginary people that are made up for anti-fwd arguments are always driving 500whp cars on all season tires, but it's not the case in reality.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
SRT-4 is what I would choose. The "fwd sucks" argument doesn't hold much ground with me, because it's just not that much of an issue in a street car that's setup right with suspension and tires. I mean... I left my buddy's Audi S6 from a dig last night on 35 degree roads, so I think the traction issue is overblown. The imaginary people that are made up for anti-fwd arguments are always driving 500whp cars on all season tires, but it's not the case in reality.

AWWWW - butthurt much because some of us just don't like FWD? Sheesh- God forbid someone has a personal preference about something:rollseyes

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
AWWWW - butthurt much because some of us just don't like FWD? Sheesh- God forbid someone has a personal preference about something:rollseyes

Say what? I don't give a shit what anyone's personal preference is. Just giving my opinion. I'm going to assume I hurt your feelings in some other thread, but I don't care enough to ask.

Sent from my TI-83+

61mmstang94

Established Member
Incorrect, 347 and 331 stroker N/A SN95's are so much better than a neon. Plus mod for mod, the interior, and handling of the SN95 is infinitely better.

Okay we'll if your spending that much ill upgrade just the pistons and rods on the AT&T and put a bigger turbo on it and still blow that n/a sn95 away. But I wasn't playing ricer Internet racing. I was looking at a bolt-on sn95 and bolt-on set and which is a better DD. the neon is definitely faster, handles better, more room inside with nicer seats, etc.

I would die of boredom in an sn95 with boltons compared to a bolton sort.

Die hard domestic guys can cry all they want but it's the truth.

I would rather take a light blue, V6, automatic, convertible mustang over a neon.

And you'd just be one dumb-looking son of a bitch.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Incorrect, 347 and 331 stroker N/A SN95's are so much better than a neon. Plus mod for mod, the interior, and handling of the SN95 is infinitely better.

U know nothing about the srt making this statement.... mod for mod the srt kills the sn95...and a 347 stroker wont even make close to the torque of a bolt on stock turbo srt (420-430)...with a turbo swap (not even big turbo) and u are in the 400whp club....sorry in a performance aspect its not even close.....

Users who are viewing this thread