SRT4 or another Lightning

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
I can't make up my mind. I regret selling my Lightning and I have a feeling that I would do the same if I sold the SRT4. The wifey said I can get another Lightning but I have to sell the SRT4 ( she liked the L a lot better, as do I....) I want to keep the srt for a DD and have a lightning for weekends, but we are in the process of having a townhouse built and can't have all 3 right now...

So the dilemma is....
Keep the srt and wait another year or so and get a lightning or....
sell the srt4 and get a lightning

I need some suggestions.....

thanks,
Steven

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I can't make up my mind. I regret selling my Lightning and I have a feeling that I would do the same if I sold the SRT4. The wifey said I can get another Lightning but I have to sell the SRT4 ( she liked the L a lot better, as do I....) I want to keep the srt for a DD and have a lightning for weekends, but we are in the process of having a townhouse built and can't have all 3 right now...

So the dilemma is....
Keep the srt and wait another year or so and get a lightning or....
sell the srt4 and get a lightning

I need some suggestions.....

thanks,
Steven

VERY SILLY QUESTION!:bash:

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
another good side of getting a L is if I sell the srt, I would make money plus selling the mods I should have enough for a good amount of mods for the L. an I always wanted a kb L

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Since I'd never own a Neon to begin with, I'd have to say Lightning... as long as it doesn't put you in a financial bind.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
financially I can only have one right now..even though I want both. I am just looking opinions that would make my mind up. having both would be ideal but at this point not possible. I just don't want to regret selling the neon like I do with the lightning. i've been looking at L's off and on for about a year.

I want an 03-04 but the ones I found are more than I want to pay.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Why did you sell your first L anyways? If in a year you can buy another L like you say, then wait a year. Why throw money away by selling a car that has more than likely has depreciated since you purchased it? I vote on waiting a year and then getting another L and then you have all 3 like you want.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Why did you sell your first L anyways? If in a year you can buy another L like you say, then wait a year. Why throw money away by selling a car that has more than likely has depreciated since you purchased it? I vote on waiting a year and then getting another L and then you have all 3 like you want.

I kept having problems with it and instead of just fixing it with aftermarket instead of taking it back to ford every week i just sold it...and i worked at dodge so i got a really good deal on the neon....

..my only issue is since i cant get a new L, i dont want to get a beat up L like i did before... The neon probably depreciated, but not enough to loose money....i just dont want to wait anymore

khris99s

floridasfastcars.com
Established Member
Traded the SRT4 in on the "L"

Wife would probally not do it again if she had it to do over.

She really misses the SRT4.....

Tough one having owned both...

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
I kept having problems with it and instead of just fixing it with aftermarket instead of taking it back to ford every week i just sold it...and i worked at dodge so i got a really good deal on the neon....

..my only issue is since i cant get a new L, i dont want to get a beat up L like i did before... The neon probably depreciated, but not enough to loose money....i just dont want to wait anymore
There is really no guarantee that your future L wont hold the same problems as the one you had previously owned. If you dont want to wait, then dont. To me is just seems most logical.

99BlackL

Established Member
I think you picked the wrong place to ask that question. Most of us are pretty biased, especially when you have to choose an SRT or SVT. Like everyone else, sell the neon and get back in an L.

j0hn

Established Member
You're coming to the wrong forum if you want balanced opinions :p

If it was me, I would buy a different car. The SRT-4 just looks like another Neon to me.

203Cree

Established Member
I'll sell your lakewoods back to ya if you get one before mine is gone.....

OR

Better yet, just come get mine! That's a quick and simple solution. It's even Silver! :beer:

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
I know its really not the best place to ask the question, but some have own a lightning, sold it, and got right back into one.

I want to keep the srt4 since i have had 0 problems with it as my DD, just in case i do get another Lightning and have issues. If i wait, the earliest i could get one would be Jan 09..which might work out for the better, since hopefully prices would go down...
I'll sell your lakewoods back to ya if you get one before mine is gone.....

OR

Better yet, just come get mine! That's a quick and simple solution. It's even Silver! :beer:

lol you still have those lakewoods? Why you selling yours?

Users who are viewing this thread