SRT8 Hellcat - unveiled

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
ummmm damn!!!! sign me the **** up! but as said its still as heavy as cruise liner, that said, I dont see it getting into the 11's

Whats wrong with some of you lol. If the current model can run 12.2 @ 114 what makes you think with 130+ more HP and that 8 speed auto it wont be in the 11's?

slidai

Established Member
Rumors are the motor is extremely stout, with an actual forged assembly.

Too bad manufacturers like Ford don't offer the option to add forged internals to your order. I don't know how feasible that would be. But it would be bad ass.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Its not a 392 i dont think, its a supercharged 6.2. The 392 is still available however.

If this makes it into the 300/Charger I will have on in a few years.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
I have seen a testing video of a Charger with this engine so I would assume it will. Not sure about the 300 although that would be nice.

AybTml0.gif

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I sooooo hope this motor makes into the 300/Charger at some point.

I am not sure if what I heard is 100% accurate but I know they are dropping the 300SRT and I have heard they have shoved this motor into a charger. I'm sure the new SRT charger will have this. I heard the next generation 300 will still have the current 6.4L as an option to but it won't be called the SRT.

Jbstang87

Established Member
This has to be 70k at least. Hipo dodge cars are never affordable. Must be that Mopar Magic they charge a premium for

TClark22

Established Member
6.2L, supercharged...still under 600hp probably!

The need to look into putting it on a massive diet. then it might contend.

Sick03Vert

Banned
This has to be 70k at least. Hipo dodge cars are never affordable. Must be that Mopar Magic they charge a premium for

^^this all day.

Dodge has seen what people will pay for top-trim sports cars (Shelby GT500, Camaro ZL1, etc.).

They will be out to get their piece of the pie, and since the Challenger was already more expensive than Mustang and Camaro, expect the top trim to continue the trend.

Sad, because I would love to have this car. But at the I-can-almost-guarantee-it price point of $70k+, there's no way in hell I would buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread