Stage V and injectors?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I will be going with a Stage V port and was wondering how do you determine if you if it is absolutely necessary to have larger injectors installed. I could use the extra money for other things if the larger injectors are not needed.

boston03cobra

mineral gray cobra
Established Member
u might be alright if u use the stock pully.but if not u will need them,don't wait until it goes lean at 6300rpm to realize it,its not worth a new motor.bap and maf also.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Your tuner should be able to up your fuel pressure but keep in mind you don't want any higher than 85% duty cycle on the injectors that is why I chose 60's and stock fuel pressure.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I will be going with a Stage V port and was wondering how do you determine if you if it is absolutely necessary to have larger injectors installed. I could use the extra money for other things if the larger injectors are not needed.

There is no way to tell if it's absolutely necessary until you get the car on the dyno and datalog it. But for the most part if you're still on the eaton the stock injectors will be ok. I have a full bolton ported eaton thats being spun pretty hard and my injectors were still fine. Your MAF will most likely be pegged along with your pumps maxed, so a MAFia and BAP will be needed.

u might be alright if u use the stock pully.but if not u will need them

And this is based off what? Did somebody tell you this, or have you actually tuned or seen enough datalogs from these cars to know that is true?

Im Looking Into Doing A Stage V Port With 100 Shot Of Nos

Dry shot or wet shot? If it's a dry shot you're going to need injectors as you will be well into the 600 rwhp range. Wet shot your stock injectors will still be ok as the wet kit will pull the fuel off the rail.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
so is that a bad thing pulling fuel out of the rail ? what else could i do to prevent that .

LOL, that's how a wet kit is setup. A dry nitrous kit will spray only the nitrous and your car will add the proper fuel to compensate, so you need to make sure you have enough injector to support that. A wet kit sprays both fuel and nitrous, the fuel is pulled directly off the fuel rails so injectors aren't a concern.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
There is no way to tell if it's absolutely necessary until you get the car on the dyno and datalog it. But for the most part if you're still on the eaton the stock injectors will be ok. I have a full bolton ported eaton thats being spun pretty hard and my injectors were still fine. Your MAF will most likely be pegged along with your pumps maxed, so a MAFia and BAP will be needed.
+1

Users who are viewing this thread